Thread: Yergius' training no longer works?

Default Yergius' training no longer works?

Hi,

I'm assuming this is intentional, but I have a LVL 18 Drakeling Wizard Le 22. He's a member of the thieve's guild and on a run back to Lawenilothehl to get some thick gauntlets after I got poison hands, I decided to boost my climbing and stealth for an eventual trip to the Library. Practical worked fine, at least, I got no bad messages - no skill increases as yet.

Theoretical though, I got 'you fail to make any noticeable progress', on both skills. Stealth, I now see, because I am an idiot, was already at 100. Never got it that high that quick, huh. Anyway, Climbing is only 88, and its improvement dice is +1d3. Seems like plenty of room for growth there. Anyone know what could be contributing to that failure? I included my Le score cause I saw some reference to it maybe being related on the wikia page.

Not all 1d3s are equal. The dice get worse for every 10 points you get in a skill, but it might not be possible for them to decrease lower than 1d3 (minimum dice vary depending on class/skill). So if your climbing was 60[+1d3] and you increased it to 70[+1d3], improving the dice back to where they were when the skill was 60 means going from 1d3 to... 1d3.