Thread: Going for UNE- How many corruptions to get to 'extremely corrupted'?

Question Going for UNE- How many corruptions to get to 'extremely corrupted'? NVM: I Won!

Hi, I've got a level 50 book-born gnome wizard here going for a neutral ultra.

I'm at day 77 with 3 corruptions so far, just took out nuurag-vaarn without taking a single point of damage thanks to 100 alertness via !education and trap detection from the thieves guild. :p
    (Not to mention the chain mail of the martyred crusader, !gain attributes out the yin yang from alchemy, and considerable skill with ranged weapons, with the runed trident, farslayer and thunderstroke to boot!)

Also, if I win this, it will be my first time ever winning two games in a row in all my years of playing this game, as my last character (a high elven raven-born archer) closed the gate normally,
    ...despite having the trident, being a lawful champion, as well as acquiring the amulet and medal of chaos... Which I happened to forget on the staircase of D:48. x_x
    Such a waste of op-ness, Lmao.

All I have to do now is take needle down to the assassin prince, kill filk, get the crumpled scroll, talk to khelly and grab the trident, however, it's been a long time since I've done an ultra as a neutral and I can't for the life of me remember how many corruptions I need to enter the chaos gate, and doctor google isn't telling me more than 'extremely corrupted', and that apish will be the last. >.<
    I really don't want to mess up this chance of winning two games of adom in a row- idk if I'll ever be this lucky again, it'd suck to yasd into the chaos plane after making it through D:50.

Does anyone know the exact number of corruptions I'll need so I don't end up missing the 'extremely corrupted' message? (which I absolutely will, ha)
    Also, to eat the corpses that I stashed in the shop... or not to eat the corpses, hmmm.

Thanks!!

(Update: Ate a couple chaos corpses and got the totrr, I'm up to 9 corruptions now- time for D:48-50?)
    (Second Update: Cleared D50 very easily, dropped all my gear and picked up only what I'm going to need, I'm at the gate wearing the chaos gear waiting to get more corrupted, but idk how corrupted I need to be since I haven't tried for a UNE in years, so I'm... stuck. x_x)
    (Third Update: Nvm, found it -- "up to letter Q in corruption screen", time to win now =D)

---------------
    Fourth update: This has turned into a YAVP. I had overprepared, with alertness at 100 and crossbow skill at 10, with farslayer plus poisoned thunderstroke andor wasn't a big deal this time. When balors, etc. would attack me, I would read a blessed scroll of power and acid ball them to death, and go back to thunderstroking him to death. Didn't even have to heal or swap ammo, lol.
    Not really surprising given the insane amount of potions of gain attribute I ended up making out of boost speed + youth, of which I could make youth out of raw mana and ultra healing, and extra healing out of invisibility plus cure poison to compensate for the lack of ultra healing.

Hurray for my gnomish archer! ...I mean wizard. I can't believe I just won two consecutive games in a row!!! @_@
    Archers are great. Even if they are technically wizards... Ironically, my archer could read and learn improved fireball, etc. by the end of the game, and my wizard was a beast with farslayer, thunderstroke, a +9, +3 longbow of hunting, the runed trident, and the missile weapon skills to back them- go figure.
    Both of them had to sneak through the SMC with invisibility and teleportation later in the game, too- If my archer had remembered to pick up the crown and medal this would have been a double ultra ULE/UNE. XD
    Last edited by killdudes; 06-08-2021 at 11:12 PM.