Thread: What to wish for?

Default What to wish for?

First of all, sorry for posting this separately in case there is a collective thread for this kind of question. After winning my first game after several years of YASDs with an orkish barbarian, I'm now trying to play some spellcasters.

Now I have a pretty promising high elf wizard with a wand of wishing and two charges left (I already used one for the amulet of life saving). Do you have any ideas what to wish for? The article in the wiki did not really help. I'm still missing some of the ball spells, so maybe simply some spellbooks? Or some body armor?

Log file is attached.

fahera.txt

Your PV is pretty bad for how high level you are, so a body armor wish seems reasonable. Probably should go for "eternium full plate armors", since you already have access to fire immunity via crown. Of course there may be some guaranteed or semi-guaranteed body armors that you could get instead (crowning gift, grizzled dwarven veteran, dwarven guardian spirit, darkforge). "Tower eternium shields" are also an idea, but otherwise there's not much equipment that would be worth wishing for. Looks like you've got regeneration pretty well covered by herbs.

Wouldn't bother with ball spells other than maybe acid. Acid ball is nice since it gives you the cheapo 'acid ball through locked door' chaos archmage kill, but other than that you already have something to deal with high magic resistance monsters. You are high enough level to instead visit the library and get every single spell in the game that way, although there is some risk and hassle involved.

Keep in mind that aside from the mana battery corruption (or using it to melee annihilators), there's no way the wand is going to get destroyed; carrying the wand around and saving the wishes for later is perfectly fine. The "speed" wish in particular is great in an emergency.

Thank you. I took the "eternium full plate armors". Together with some scrolls of protection, this increased my PV to 49. As you suggested, the last charge will be kept for an emergency situation. It is very likely that I'll get another wish by polymorphing all the random rings I collect.

Well. Poor Fahera was finally killed by Andor Drakon. Everything until D:50 was kind of easy, but the final fight was just terrible. My mana was drained within few turns and the only ways to deal damage were the wands of fireball I still had in my inventory. i must say that I have no idea what to do in this fight. Any tipps for the next time I try an ultra ending?

Quickest way to kill him is with wand of lightning or Lightning Bolt. If you can get positioned in a 2 or 3 wide area, it only takes around 20 zaps. Keep in mind that you can still cast from HP. Normally this isn't worth doing because of the eventual stat drains, but you're about to win, so why not? Another spell worth using would be Slow Monster.

Throwing the rune-covered trident, trident of the red rooster, or whatever other demon/humanoid slaying missiles you have would be another decent offensive option. It can get awkward when one of the tridents fails to return, but thankfully he doesn't pick up items.

Don't forget to use all boost potions, mushrooms of ecstasy, and wishes for speed immediately prior to entering the gate.