Thread: Controlled teleporting

Default Controlled teleporting

Can anyone tell me how to use my new controlled teleporting skill. When i cast it I don't get the option to set a destination and get the message you have teleported but I'm still on the same square, or I get the grid with arrows but when I select one it says invalid target.

When you cast the teleportation spell (from a wand or if you know the spell) you must select a target to teleport. If you want to teleport yourself (not a monster next to you) you pick the '5' direction. Then it will prompt you to select a location. You can move the cursor to the place you wish to teleport and, if that spot is not occupied (by a monster or wall tile) you will teleport there.

How did you get teleport control? And how are you casting teleport? Do you have any potions of insight or the Revelation spell you could use to confirm you have controlled teleportation?
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

It has to be cast on self (press 5), after which destination can be selected.
    This is because monsters can also be teleported away (and frequently are).
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreles View Post
    When you cast the teleportation spell (from a wand or if you know the spell) you must select a target to teleport. If you want to teleport yourself (not a monster next to you) you pick the '5' direction. Then it will prompt you to select a location. You can move the cursor to the place you wish to teleport and, if that spot is not occupied (by a monster or wall tile) you will teleport there.

How did you get teleport control? And how are you casting teleport? Do you have any potions of insight or the Revelation spell you could use to confirm you have controlled teleportation?
    I have the teleport spell and I drank from a pool which gave me control. Do i press 5 before I cast the spell?

Andy

Do I press 5 before I even cast the spell

Andy

No, you cast the spell first. Then you press 5 and then you can select the destination.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    No, you cast the spell first. Then you press 5 and then you can select the destination.
    Thank you very much

Thank you very much

Greets!

Sry to get back on that old thread, but i got the same issue: when i cast teleportation for me, with control from blink dog, it says 'you teleport.' with a lil light on my PC, but i stay at the same place. How do i proceed please? Cause i can only cast the spell 'first' eh, with no options before or afterward... Or is there?

Greets!

Sry to get back on that old thread, but i got the same issue: when i cast teleportation for me, with control from blink dog, it says 'you teleport.' with a lil light on my PC, but i stay at the same place. How do i proceed please? Cause i can only cast the spell 'first' eh, with no options before or afterward... Or is there?