Thread: Orc challenge

Default Orc challenge

Orc paladins and priests start with an everburning torch. Here's the challenge: Win without it being destroyed. It seems very prone to destruction and I've only ever made it to around dwarftown.

Best: leave it equipped as is and never move it. Dual wield or use it exclusively. Just never let the flame extinguish.
    Second best: allow one moment of darkness to move it to the tool slot.

Good luck.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Hmm, doesn't seem like a challenge you can influence much (apart from skipping unnecessary locations, thereby reducing the chance of acid traps and the like).

That said, I really miss the challenges we had over the years. And I miss Alucard's server, where we could take turns playing the same character together.
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

Everburning torch is a cool item. My favourite way to waste a wish.

ADOM being ADOM, I imagine it would go something like this.
    Spend hours training Detect Traps.
    Hours of applying the skill before every step.
    Hours of ring dipping because rng didn't drop ring of ice before the tower.
    Nail biting at the Air Temple, but in a miracle your torch survives.
    Random Lightning Lizard destroys torch on D:43 from beyond line of sight.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.