Thread: Windows 10 Code 31 Error trying to run two Nvidia Graphics Cards

Default Windows 10 Code 31 Error trying to run two Nvidia Graphics Cards

I'm currently running an Nvidia RTX 2060 Super on an Aorus Gaming 7 X399 MB with AMD Threadripper 1950x on Windows 10 64-bit

I've got 4 monitors setup which are using all the ports on the 2060, but I recently picked up a Wacom Cintiq 16 drawing tablet which also requires an HDMI port.

I've installed an Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT to use the additional ports, I do not need SDI.

The 9600 is producing a Code 31 error from Windows and will not function.

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the driver are incorrect."

I've tried manually installing the drivers for the 9600 through device manager but Windows tells me I've already got the best drivers installed and won't let me install them manually, although it does say the current driver for the 9600 are Nvidia drivers from 2015 which sounds correct. When I try to run the installer it deletes the drivers for the 2060 which then stops working and neither card works.

Not sure why the 9600 isn't working.

Running latest Nvidia Studio Driver for the 2060.

Really hope someone can help solve this as I need all monitors working.

Any other ideas would be appreciated although I can't afford another 2060 to run SDI.

I also got this problem. I think that the problem is not that you are using two video cards. Need to try :
    - Remove all traces of Wacom drivers;
    - Update your operating system;
    - Perform a clean boot in Windows

I also got this problem. I think that the problem is not that you are using two video cards. Need to try :
    - Remove all traces of Wacom drivers;
    - Update your operating system;
    - Perform a clean boot in Windows

Hallo, das Einzige, was Ihnen helfen wird, ist eine Neuinstallation von Windows.

Reinstalling Windows will help.

I tried putting Windows back on and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by martyohara View Post
    Reinstalling Windows will help.
    Great. Many thanks.

I tried putting Windows back on and sometimes it works, sometimes it is interrupted