Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ADOM on Iphone

Default ADOM on Iphone

Hi guys i'm just wondering would anyone know if it is possible to get ADOM on Iphone in any way? I'm just addicted to it and I would love to play it anywhere :-) I'll greatly appreciate any suggestions thx!

Quote Originally Posted by kupiko View Post
    Hi guys i'm just wondering would anyone know if it is possible to get ADOM on Iphone in any way? I'm just addicted to it and I would love to play it anywhere :-) I'll greatly appreciate any suggestions thx!
    Iphone doesn't have an operating system or hardware suitable for ADOM. And how would you play with on-screen keyboard.
    Maybe a good PDA would be a better bet.

Well I was thinking it most likely has OS at least very similar to Mac OS right? And there are loads of applications that work on it even nes emulator so I was thinking iphone might be able to emulate any application. Well on board keyboard might be a little bit tricky but I could kill a lot of time with it. :-) Anyway thx.

Try running adom over SSH. If you have shell anywhere and your connection isn't too slow you can try to connect to your shell from your phone and run adom remotely. I think there's at least some SSH-client available for iPhone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    Try running adom over SSH. If you have shell anywhere and your connection isn't too slow you can try to connect to your shell from your phone and run adom remotely. I think there's at least some SSH-client available for iPhone too.
    Thx a lot for advice i might try it.

You might want to:

1. Install linux locally, let computer run all day.
    2. Start SSH daemon, open ports.
    3. Setup Dyndns.
    4. Profit.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

That's possible on an iphone? I'd be curious to know how is managed the problem of screen size.

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post
    You might want to:

1. Install linux locally, let computer run all day.
    2. Start SSH daemon, open ports.
    3. Setup Dyndns.
    4. Profit.
    I have no idea what that is I still have to check what SSH is cause i have no idea either but my instinct should show me way

Search engine should do better than your instinct!

Quote Originally Posted by kupiko View Post
    I have no idea what that is I still have to check what SSH is cause i have no idea either but my instinct should show me way
    Basically, with SSH you can log into another computer over network/internet and then do stuff on that computer. Unfortunately, Windows and SSH dont mix well. At least not on the server side (where ADOM really is), but on the client side (where you sit and play) it works without any problems.

Details are here.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/