Thread: A thread on finetuning Your play

Default A thread on finetuning Your play

What tipps and tricks do You know
    for that little extra mini boost,
    extra little money,
    extra little chance to survive?

Let's start with one of ADOM's most 'boring' items - Leather Boots [0,0]

What to do with them?

Do You keep them as a destruction item for the once in a time bad luck hits You? Or do You even prep them up?

Me, I immediately sell them, as I want that extra money right from the beginning and I don't want to be them becoming cursed by some evil fate.

Or is there something more useful to do with them what I just do not see?

The starting boots saved my wizard from taking some acid damage, early in the game. There was a door at the end of a tunnel, and the detect traps skill found an explosive trigger. I didn't have knock or disarm traps spell, so started back down the tunnel. But there was a jelly-type monster blocking the path, before the intersection. The only offensive spell I had was acid bolt, and the jelly was immune to acid damage. My archery abilities weren't good enough to kill it before it reached melee range. I didn't want to corrode my weapon, so I finished it off with a strong kick. The acid ate away my boots, but prevented me from taking contact damage.

Quote Originally Posted by KettlebellGuy View Post
    The starting boots saved my wizard from taking some acid damage, early in the game. There was a door at the end of a tunnel, and the detect traps skill found an explosive trigger. I didn't have knock or disarm traps spell, so started back down the tunnel. But there was a jelly-type monster blocking the path, before the intersection. The only offensive spell I had was acid bolt, and the jelly was immune to acid damage. My archery abilities weren't good enough to kill it before it reached melee range. I didn't want to corrode my weapon, so I finished it off with a strong kick. The acid ate away my boots, but prevented me from taking contact damage.
    good one, and it's a way to remove cursed unwanted boots as well.
    Idiots move in mysterious ways...

Thx for answering!

I very rarely kick, so I never thought of that, wow!

Thx! I do rarely kick so I never thought of that - after more than 15 years of ADoM something new .. LOL !