Thread: Question about Potions of Exchange

Default Question about Potions of Exchange

I found a potion of exchange, and was considering using it to swap my stats. I have access to herbs to retrain dexterity, willpower, or toughness if needed. I looked up the mechanics on the wiki, and saw it said that drinking the potion will change the stat and its potentil. Let's just consider the example of my highest and lowest stats getting exchanged.

Toughness: base = 25, potential max = 38
    Charisma: base = 6, potential max = 9

If I drink this potion, and end up with 6 toughness, would the potential also drop to 9, or stay at 38? I have a few potentials that are less than 25: if I won't be able to retrain toughness or willpower after drinking it, I'll probably save it for an item exchange. [or to get a cat out of my way]

The potential would also drop to 9.

I prefer to do something else with potions of exchange.

You can switch a stack of 4 potions of most type with a blessed potion of exchange - not that thrilling right?
    But some potions allow to alter a stack of 9 potions at once - potions of cure poison and most (all? ) boosting potions are among them! And there is a decent chance to get a potion of gain attributes.

Wearing a potion belts is fantastic - then You can switch up to 19 potions of the same type at once. Sadly potion belts don't seem to be wishable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbse View Post
    Sadly potion belts don't seem to be wishable.
    That is because it's an artifact.
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

[QUOTE=Nobbse;118684]I prefer to do something else with potions of exchange.

You can switch a stack of 4 potions of most type with a blessed potion of exchange - not that thrilling right?
    But some potions allow to alter a stack of 9 potions at once - potions of cure poison and most (all? ) boosting potions are among them! And there is a decent chance to get a potion of gain attributes. /QUOTE]

Thanks. I ended up using it to swap out a wand of Grond [or whatever the insect-detecting wand is]. I received another wand of door-creation.

I was going to sell my potion of cure poison when I got back to Dwarf Town, since I am now immune. I'll drop it in my storage room. Maybe I'll collect a few more by the time I find another potion of exchange.

[QUOTE=Nobbse;118684]I prefer to do something else with potions of exchange.

But some potions allow to alter a stack of 9 potions at once - potions of cure poison and most (all? ) boosting potions are among them! And there is a decent chance to get a potion of gain attributes. /QUOTE]

Thanks. I ended up using it to swap out a wand of Grond [or whatever the insect-detecting wand is]. I received another wand of door-creation.

I was going to sell my potion of cure poison when I got back to Dwarf Town, since I am now immune. I'll drop it in my storage room. Maybe I'll collect a few more by the time I find another potion of exchange.