Thread: At least he killed them all, right?

Default At least he killed them all, right?

I just lost a character that was well on his way to getting half way through the game. I lost my armor to a rust beast, so I was having a fair amount of trouble with two werewolves that would not stop summoning help. I start this debacle at around 196 health. About 100+ wolves later, I get one werewolf down, and a jackalwere pops up. I dispatch about another 50 jackals, and the last werewolf, and focus on the last of the wolves and dire wolves. A master swordsman disarms me, and a pixie decides to grab my sword, and I lose it in the crowd, it teleported, I assume. I've got no weapon, and about a dozen more enemies left. I start doing the only thing I can, zapping wands, until they all ran out of charges, then I moved to throwing rocks and such, and finally, I just started kicking the last of the wolves to death.

After I kick the swordsman most of the way to death, I have about 5-6 hp left. He goes running off, and I take off back toward the stairwell, only to stumble into a falling block trap, and have my skull caved in.

I had to go take a break from ADOM for a while, after this one. Lost a level 15 character, an artifact-level sword, and a set of chainmail in ONE fight, am reduced to kicking things to death, and on the run back to the stairs, I stumbled into a trap, in an open room that I had already explored.

>_<

Lol good luck next time and try zapping wands first and concentrate with them on werewolves to get them killed asap and then finish off wolves.

also a good idea to always have a couple backup weapons. With my pure melee characters I like to focus on 3-4 different weapon types, usually swords, axes, polearms, and maces and flails. Then I try to find nice weapons of each type. Oh look that swordsman disarmed my sword, thats ok I have a nice axe im good with. Lookie there that rust monster just ate my axe, thats cool I got my trusty spear with some extra DV. Die rust monster, die!

Against one of those disarmer idiots, I usually just grin, take out my kickass bow and land an arrow right between the eyes.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.