Thread: Temperature changes.

Default Temperature changes.

I suggest to make an ambient temperature in obligatory parametre. If in game will be both snow and desert the temperature should influence the hero. It is possible to catch a cold and be ill, receive a solar burn etc. That is the hero should dress these or those clothes depending on weather.

Drakelings are especially interesting. For them the ambient temperature is most important.

In the places far from the seas it is necessary to consider daily fluctuations of temperature.
    (For example... there where I live night temperature below day temperature on 20-25 degrees)

Your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by yisk View Post
    I suggest to make an ambient temperature in obligatory parametre. If in game will be both snow and desert the temperature should influence the hero. It is possible to catch a cold and be ill, receive a solar burn etc. That is the hero should dress these or those clothes depending on weather.

Drakelings are especially interesting. For them the ambient temperature is most important.

In the places far from the seas it is necessary to consider daily fluctuations of temperature.
    (For example... there where I live night temperature below day temperature on 20-25 degrees)

Your opinion?
    This is simply an expansion of the weather system in ADOM. As far as I know, in ADOM this only had an impact if rain rusted your gear. This would work fine in JADE as long as it was very simple. Deserts could be so hot they could burn scrolls, tundras could shatter potions. Drakelings would be affected by temperature. Simple stuff. Anything getting into barometric pressure and wind speed would be too much for poor TB.

Maybe events such as sandstorms could slow down the PC travel. TB wrote something about weather patterns in one of the announcements!

TB already said JADE will have a complex weather system that made sense and worked worldwide including weather patterns, wind routes, seasons, and they will slowly change over time as ours on earth does.

I wonder if the Ancardia world is a planet like ours, or maybe a disc surrounded by water, carried on the back of a giant dragon turtle

Quote Originally Posted by reich View Post
    I wonder if the Ancardia world is a planet like ours, or maybe a disc surrounded by water, carried on the back of a giant dragon turtle
    It's turtles all the way down!

yeah.. BUT NOT VERY COMPLEX

TURTLES FOR THE WIN!
    I never won a Adom game...

While additional complexity is fun, this is a game and not a life simulation. It should be fun. Calculating the shift in prevailing wind patterns as a result of high and low pressure fronts just to keep your equipment sounds like too much micromanagement for too little gain. I apologize if my response seems too strong, I am somewhat tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerudaer View Post
    I apologize if my response seems too strong, I am somewhat tired.
    Wha? Come on.. apologize of what? its a fine response.
    I never won a Adom game...

I'd like some more weather and temperature factors. Cold freezing your potions into uselessness, heat perhaps boiling them, melting your choclate cookies and such. Weathers could also be stormy, which could make ranged attacks less accurate, foggy, which could reduce sight range and that kind of stuff.