Thread: Sickness & First Aid

Default Sickness & First Aid

Hello World

(my first post here)

Regarding to TB post about sickness in JADE with multiple diseases & cures for them. I'd like to see real use for first aid for use to fight sickness.
    Maybe it could work kinda like mixture of herbealism and alchemy in adom, when you are sick you use it to diagnose the disease and then check if you know the cure and mix up the herbs & stuff you need for it.
    Higher level means more cures known and higher chanse to diagnose.

Maybe stethoscope could help the diagnose but would not be nessasary.

Healers might get bonuses and know even more cures for some specified sicknesess (not available by any other mean (some rare & nasty sicnesess). Maybe some other bonuses as well like being able to use something to compensate some of the herbs that you need.

and for TB
    ####
    ...@"
    ####

####
    ....@
    ####

You pick up curaria mancox
    You eat curaria mancox you feel revialed

First Aid is a thing to deal with injuries mostly.

Dealing with sickness would require some new skill like 'Doctor' or something like that. it could also have other uses like knowing the anatomy could slightly increas dmg done (does i sound Falloutish ? :P )

yea i thought that there might be a new skill but why bother, using healing skill to do the trick would boost it importance too much. first aid basicly covers tha basic anatomy etc to need to figur out do you have flu or are you dying.
    Healers might have some skill like doctor but id would like to a bit limit the amount of skills in game.

I thought the healing skill in adom already affected sickness recovery time. First aid wouldn't make sense, as that's for treating wounds and injuries.

After you get sick knowing what to do with the thing that didn't sit well with you (puke it) know how to clean eruptions, sucking the pus that it may generate with something...

Healing should make the sickness recovery time faster.

So basically Healing would make this sickness not stay over time and first aid recover you from the damage.
    I never won a Adom game...

Just make First Aid able to work on the last wound you had, at most an hour old or so, and I'm happy. Just being able to First Aid the very turn you got hit is really annoying sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherhiveking View Post
    So basically Healing would make this sickness not stay over time and first aid recover you from the damage.
    A logical distinction between healing and first aid regarding sickness treatment would be that healing represents the bodys resistance and recovery and first aid helps with giving better treatment.

So healing helps always, and first aid when you do concious healing.