Thread: Starvation

Default Starvation

So, I had a high elf priest, lvl ~25. I don't have the exact specs because this happened some time ago.

I was happily walking through the woods, when encountered a dreadful Dorn beast. Then I thought that the character is powerful enough to take it down with a single blow after shooting it a little. The bastard didn't go down, but got me paralyzed. Well tough luck, but it couldn't hit hard enough to kill, regeneration was fast enough to counter its attacks. The paralyzation lasted and lasted... Then teleportitis kicks in, and possessing teleport control I teleported to the farthest corner away from the beast. It didn't find me after that at all. But still, the paralyzation persisted, on and on... Long enough to starve the sorry elf, who wasn't even hungry before the incident. Oh well.

I had some artifacts to speed up food consumption: the elemental gauntlets, water orb and the ankh. Also cursed, doesn't affect consumption but maybe the paralyzation time?

Of course it was idiotic to attack the beast in melee, but I never expected such a ridiculously long paralyzation time...

maybe the dorn beast paralyzes you permamently? that's why you get so many warnings of it's presence ("Hurumph!")

It paralyzes always when you hit it.

Edit: but more to the point no, not permanently, I've had characters survive it.

That's strange. By level 25, I stand in front of a Dorn Beast, press a button to attack it in melee, and let the keyboard repeat rate do the rest. While it's quite... inconvenient, to be held paralysed so long... It happens. You got a bad roll (probably the worst possible) for paralysation length. There was nothing you could do about it at the moment, therefore it's really a YASD. But no matter what class you are, you still couldnt melee a Dorn Beast when you were level 25? =/
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

No, not with the single swing I got.

Dorn beast always paralyze you when you hit? Pets can hits it without consequences.