Thread: yay, I got sweet range

Default yay, I got sweet range

lol, just having fun with ADOM having taken a few years off of it, so my character was an archer because he was born under wolf. So having gotten pretty powerful (for a low level char, killed Griff in one shot), but not having found any alters yet. I noticed that my range was pretty good, and that I could shoot almost all the way across the screen. Note that I had just gone to the HMV to sell my phat lewt off at the store from the graveyard. So I foolishly shot an arrow absent-mindedly into the air to see my cool range (dont ask me why I did this in town, should have done it in the wilderness). I didnt see where it landed, but I did hear a pained grunt, and soon enough Hawkslayer comes running over and kills me.

lol, how is that for a stupid death
    Last edited by Jonas; 04-20-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Haha! Well done. Hawkslayer is very tough, so you really had little chance against him at low levels. I think in future you should save your experimentation for the wilderness :P

well, for some reason I didnt even think about trying to kill him I should have at least tried...
    I did have some penetrating arrows so I probably had a chance to survive...