Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suicidal Dwarven Priest...

Quote Originally Posted by Nethack View Post
    ... and i survived thanks to teleportation.
    That's precisely what makes DH easier than the forest: not much can kill you if you have controlled teleportation, except for a GM or the like standing next to the stairs. And zapping a wand of monster detection can avoid even that.

Also, one thing to be reminded : taking the banshee to the animated forest is cool (in my experience you should critically wound her before doing that, but remind yourself that the more of a kind of monsters dies, the better they are generated... a lvl 50 animated tree does *alot* of damage.
    Well... this is only true if they are killed *by you*.

Do not take the DH! First time : Ancient blue dragon! thankfull for the seven league boots
    second times was the diamond golem room, then ghost lord vault room, then ancient lich... and i survived thanks to teleportation.
    Also, one thing to be reminded : taking the banshee to the animated forest is cool (in my experience you should critically wound her before doing that, but remind yourself that the more of a kind of monsters dies, the better they are generated... a lvl 50 animated tree does *alot* of damage.
    Tension rooms in the DH actually make it so much easier most of the time. With a tension room on the level, there might be 3 other random monsters at any given time, which makes it pretty safe. Just use a wand of monster detection at the start, identify the tension room, and don't open it! Even if you don't have the wand, just wander the level carefully and see if you can find the stairs without opening any doors. Or use check the doors with the stethoscope.

When I first started playing I always took the forest. Now I usually take DH... the forest is way too boring. Unless the level is really bad, even if a dangerous monster spawns, you can usually run away from it. The only real killers are greater daemons, unicorns, and very experienced quicklings.

Using the banshee on the trees doesn't increase their level. The trees only get stronger if you kill them.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Using the banshee on the trees doesn't increase their level. The trees only get stronger if you kill them.
    Yeah, but it increases HER level. So wait until she is superpowerful => lots of nearly free exp.
    Me is troll, me is moomintroll! Me likes ADoM... Me likes Dwarf Fortress... Dis two games is the ones best!

Oh, me likes zombies too!