Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link: League of Water

Default The Weakest Link: League of Water

Welcome to the League of Water!

Chaos Gate status: OPEN!
    (when the Chaos Gate is opened corrupt and profane tactics will be allowed)

This thread is for game reports for this league - no general discussion here, that?s reserved for the Discussion thread. Members of the league may take part in minor discussion though in order to arrange things for their character (choosing a name for instance). Please refer to the sign-up threads for a full understanding of all game rules.

Playing Order:

1. Maul
    2. Kato (killed)
    3. DeSt
    4. Ars
    5. gut
    6. FantomFang
    7. Flammeus
    8. Covenant
    9. Maul
    10. DeSt
    11. Ars (killed)
    12. gut
    13. FantomFang
    14. Flammeus
    15. Covenant (disqualified for lateness)
    -Chaos Gate opened-
    16. Maul
    17. DeSt
    18. gut
    19. FantomFang (killed)
    20. Flammeus (killed)
    21. Maul (killed)
    22. DeSt
    23. gut
    24. DeSt
    25. gut
    26. DeSt (killed)
    27. gut
    28. gut (suicided)

Champion of Water: gut
    Runner-up: DeSt

Game Reports:

After each turn you must give a full and frank description of your activities, with especial detail on things that may affect other players. This can be done as a story or as a plain retelling of events. Some notable things to include:

-dungeon levels traversed
    -items found
    -items lost/damaged
    -prayers used
    -piety gained using holy symbol
    -levels gained
    -skills increased
    -talent choices
    -stat changes
    -where you left off
    -monsters on the current level not killed

It is also preferred for you to create a log file with the '(' or ')' key at the end of your turn and post it in code tags. You will need to trim it down a lot to fit in the post though - I recommend cutting out inventory junk, unused weapon skills, background, kill list, and anything else that isn?t relevant to your play.

You must, of course, attach the save file to your post for the next person to pick up. This must be made into a zip file to be accepted on the forum (no other file types are allowed). There is a file limit of 97 Kb - thankfully in infinity we?re very unlikely to reach this.

Should you die please give us a report of what happened in as much gruesome detail as possible so we can mock you Do not post an flg - this would reveal hidden information like equipment identifications and intrinsics. However please do give us details for the high score listing - in particular score, xps, no turns, what killed you and how, and what level you were on (most of this stuff is at the start of the achievements section of the flg).

High Score:

The infamous list of how everyone died.

Code:
     195686  gut, advanced to level 21 (698860 xps), survived for 40023 turns.
             Struck down for insulting the gods on I90.

199248  DeSt, advanced to level 21, survived for 39842 turns.
             Incinerated by an ancient red dragon on I93.

183078  Maul, advanced to level 20, survived for 31366 turns.
             Brought to the dark side by a writhing mass of primal chaos on I71.

??????  Flammeus, advanced to level 20 (580565 xps), survived for 31264 turns.
             Eviscerated by a swamp dragon on I68.

191596  FantomFang, adv to level 20 (538202 xps), survived for 30727 turns.
             Outmaneouvered by a minotaur mazelord on I68.

104960  Ars, advanced to level 18 (319994 xps), survived for 19376 turns.
             Ravaged by female blue dragon on I33.

4516  Kato, advanced to level 6 (2211 xps), survived for 3867 turns.
             Killed by a gibbering mouther on I5.
    Last edited by Grey; 06-09-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Okay. Well, good news, I live. Bad news, just barely. I think I'll be nice now and a bastard later, and therefore I'll provide as detailed a log as possible. I forgot to take a vlg file, but I'll describe my adventures.

X decided that X isn't a worthy name even for someone who wants to commit suicide. Kenny would be more appropriate, he* thought. I hope you like the name, if not, feel free to think of something and rename it. Kenny started with reading the book of Cure Disease he received as a farewell gift from old Gramps. He decided to read it dry. You now have about 270 castings of Cure Disease (I think). Good against rat plague, if that may happen.
    The first level was the scariest, I suppose. Kenny opened the door that was closed ahead of him. Immediately, he encountered a... kobold! No, the excitement is not here yet. He walked down the corridor, not encountering a chaos creature of instant death, and came to an intersection.
    To his right (that is, left on the screen) a goblin and a kobold fooled around in a room. Kenny walked up to them and took them out defensively. He got a bleeding wound but nothing special, it bled for a mere 3 turns. He also found a mace in the room. He decided to risk wielding it - he didn't manage to discover its status - but no worries, the mace wasn't cursed, though its stats were identical to Kenny's own. He decided to keep it anyway as a spare. BUC status unknown.
    Next he encountered a few other lowly creatures - goblins, kobolds, even a rat. Then he came to a closed door. He pushed it but it was locked tight and didn't budge at all when Kenny leapt against it. It might be a trap door, he thought, and decided to turn around, exploring the other niche that was in the other side of the room.
    Nothing, except an empty room with some weak creature. Well, Kenny sighed, he would have to break down the door. He kicked it and... the door exploded in the fireball. It ignited Kenny's scroll of gold detection and burnt down Kenny's clothes.
    Great, now he'd have to walk around naked. Those clothes weren't worth much anyway. A bigger catastrophe would be the fact that Kenny was reduced to one third of his life energies. Well, now his heart was in his throat. What would await him?
    A homonculus skeleton. That was scary. Kenny wanted to destroy the clattering thing quickly and leapt at it with a berserk rage but the undead hopped aside and struck Kenny in the stomach. Ouch! Calm down, Kenny, he thought and drew up his shield in front of him. After three more (cautious) hits he bashed in the skeleton's skull without getting any further hits. (Sorta a NDE with this one) The skeleton was carrying a sling that Kenny identified as blessed. Further down the corridor, a heap of 5 bigger rocks were strewn around. Kenny flung a rock from the sling. He discovered that both rock and sling were pretty much normal. Ahead of him was the stair to the lower levels. He climbed down the stairs.
    Well, next level was much duller. He found the stairs pretty soon and climbed down again. (Along the way, he practiced using a sling on the monsters that stood in his way.) The third level's stair was guarded by a homunculus (from down below). Probably the living version of aforementioned skeleton. Kenny knew that homunculi can put one to sleep and he thought that sleeping in a defensive posture might be better than in a berserking one, so he assumed a defensive stance and flung some rocks at the creature. It was slain with a few rocks. The little daemon carried a wooden shield; Kenny replaced his small shield with this as it actually offered some protection against successful blows as well.
    He came to the stairs soon, but decided to explore a bit. He opened the door that led to the next rooms. He encountered a skeleton and a ratling archer. Latter dropped a light tome. Kenny decided to withdraw to the stairs to do some 'light' reading and soon enough, he discovered that it was a webbing spell. (Note from author: I read the book dry because just before it was gone, it had 75 castings. Thought I might try and milk some more.) Well, at least he'd have some way of running now. He went to the room and down the opposite corridor afterwards.
    He saw a skeleton, herding a giant lizard. The skeleton hissed and released the reptile. Well, this would be off-limits, a sweating Kenny thought. He immediately put his new spell to use: as he cast the spell, a ray of sticky spider webs shot from his fingers, which got the two monsters entangled. He quickly withdrew to the stairs, closed the doors and waited - paranoid from the two crooks, he stood in front of the door, in case he'd need to launch a web. Nobody came, however. He could finally rest.

From the author:
    Kenny got to level 5 during the journey. He fully explored level 1 and revealed much of the indeed duller level 2. Kenny is still on level 3, in case the next one would be a masochist and would decide to try the lizard - I didn't have the balls.
    Kenny pumped Healing to 100, Detect Item Status to 100, Food Preservation and First Aid were also improved. Kenny cooked a few corpses, so starvation issues might not happen for some time. He also found a Wi amulet on the way. (+3) On level 3 he took the Hardy talent, perhaps to get a few lousy points of PV - I often take this route, and should the vets prove how much I fail; well, unintentionally competitive tactics.

*Rereading the text and thinking about the other thread, I realised that Kenny is a she. Whatever. Substitute all he's and rename it next turn.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Maul; 05-19-2008 at 03:56 PM.

I'll be waiting to pick her up after you Maul Does our league want to give her a unique name? Something to do with water since we are the League of Water?

I'll be there for another few hours, so, even me could play today(GMT +2)

As of name - no ideas.
    Last edited by DeSt; 05-19-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Woah, while I typed you actually posted twice? Well, I named her Kenny (see notes) but that is a sort of temporary name, I suppose. Even if she was a he.

EDIT: Actually, I think I posted everything that was required, except stat changes. Nothing from outside, but Kenny became more studious and I think he even gained a Str point or two from being Burdened.

Is Kenny a hermaphrodite?

I found that kobold and lizard quite quickly. Kobold died, but I ran away from the lizard. I changed weapons as well...spears tend to be more useful at this point than a mace. Explored the rest of the level and encounted the normal things. Found a beserker who took me down to 8 HP, so I drank a potion of healing and finished him off. Prayed a bunch to heal some and improve piety a bit. Then ran around some more. Killed a kobold shaman as well. Ran in to that lizard again though, and he was quite upset. Call me crazy, but I went toe to toe with him...and then cooked his corpse and ate it. Tasty. That lizard also put me up to lvl 6 and I added Healthy to the character for faster HP regen.

Started to go back to the stairs...but a swordsman blocked the way. I stood toe to toe with him for 3 rounds...then I ran! I ran around almost the entire floor with this guy chasing me...then I ran in to a cave tiger. Started casting web and I FINALLY caught them in a web. Was able to make my escape and head for the stairs again, but a ratling fencer was there. Used web again and after many disarms, managed to kill the ratling fencer. Got poisoned by spiders in a web though, so I sat near the stairs and prayed for piety while using first aid when the poison coursed through my veins. Got the message that I feel comfortable too.

Descended down to the 4th floor. Quickly found the next down staircase, but decided to explore the rest. Got about halfway through the floor when I saw an ogre and he started charging for me. I used web again and managed to gain some ground, but right RNG struck...another Ogre was blocking my way back to the down stairs. Took some running around, but I managed to give them both the slip with some webs and running like a coward Nothing else I could do with two ogres over there, so I dropped down to the 5th floor.

RNG doesn't like me...ran in to another Ogre. Managed to get away when I found a gibbering mouther. Snuck up on me and he mouthed me...and I died. Kenny was killed by a gibbering mouther on level 5 of some ancient caves.

On a side note...this is the first time I have ever played with a Hurthling. Yikes...never again! I had hoped to do better in this game, but I can't wait to see who wins and hopefully Grey will set up another game

Number of moves? Points scored? Xps? An active turn to be sure - after so many close calls it's a shame you finally died.

DeSt, take up the reigns whilst I drag this bloody corpse away

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Number of moves? Points scored? Xps? An active turn to be sure - after so many close calls it's a shame you finally died.

DeSt, take up the reigns whilst I drag this bloody corpse away
    Doh...sorry Grey. I'm so used to dieing and not doing a save file or anything like that. I was up to turn 3500...almost to the 4000. Was still lvl 6 when I died.

Edit: Wait...I'm still on the HOF page. ahaha. I got the stuff out of the FLG.

Code:
    Kenny         St:12  Le:16  Wi:25  Dx:16  To:16  Ch:14  Ap:11  Ma:13  Pe:13 L
    DV/PV: 20/1    H: -2(49)      P: 46(46)      Exp: 6/2211        I5    M: 3867
    Bleeding

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    Weapon Skills

Melee weapon           Lvl   Hit   Dam   DV   Level          Required marks
    ---------------------  ---   ---   ---   --   -------------  --------------
    Maces & flails           2    +2    +0   +0   basic                16
    Pole arms                2    +2    +0   +1   basic                59

Missile weapon         Lvl   Hit   Dam   Ra   Level          Required marks
    ---------------------  ---   ---   ---   --   -------------  --------------
    Slings                   2    +4    +3   +0   basic                19
    Thrown rocks & clubs     4    +8    +6   +1   skilled              52

Shields                Lvl   DV               Level          Required marks
    ---------------------  ---   ---              -------------  --------------
    Shields                  1    +2              basic                3

Damage caused with your melee weapons:
    --------------------------------------
    ÆRight hand: Î+9Æ bonus to hit, Î1d8+0Æ damage

Damage caused with your missile weapons:
    ----------------------------------------
    No missile weapons available.

Skills

Archery ................... 14    (mediocre)     [+3d3]
      Climbing .................. 41    (fair)         [+2d4]
      Concentration ............. 76    (great)        [+3d4]
      Cooking ................... 58    (good)         [+1d3] (ma)
      Detect item status ........100    (superb)       [+2d4]
      First aid ................. 50    (fair)         [+4d4]
      Food preservation ......... 79    (great)        [+3d3]
      Gardening ................. 25    (mediocre)     [+3d3]
      Haggling .................. 31    (fair)         [+4d5]
      Healing ...................100    (superb)       [+2d4]
      Herbalism ................. 55    (good)         [+3d5]
      Listening ................. 32    (fair)         [+3d3]
      Literacy .................. 83    (great)        [+3d3]
      Music ..................... 20    (mediocre)     [+4d4]
      Stealth ................... 45    (fair)         [+1d3]

Spells

Cure Disease:   213,   8pp     (Effectivity: +0)
       Web         :    51,  17pp     (Effectivity: +3)

Her achievements during her adventures:

Kenny, the hurthling priest, was killed by a gibbering mouther.
    She scored 4516 points and advanced to level 6.
    She survived for 0 years, 2 days, 12 hours, 0 minutes and 58 seconds (3867
    turns).
    Kenny visited 2 places.
    Her strength score was modified by +3 during her career.
    Her learning score was modified by +1 during her career.
    Her mana score was modified by +1 during her career.
    Her perception score was modified by +1 during her career.
    She ended her adventuring life on level 5 of some ancient caves.
    57 monsters perished under her attacks.
    She had the following talents: Alert, Hardy, Healthy, Long Stride.
    She had a final speed score of 101 (final base speed: 101).
    She was religious.
    She asked for 1 divine intervention.
    She was lawfully aligned.
    Last edited by Kato; 05-19-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Tut tut - a reminder of the rules: do not post flgs! They contain hidden information like intrinsics - in this case it pretty much reveals that the cursed ring we've all started with is stun resistance. Can everyone please be mindful of this in future - it ruins the game if we gain information like this.

Bad luck on your death, Kato - you were so close to the turn limit!
    Last edited by Grey; 05-19-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Removed that bit of info out of there...I had dropped a bunch of other stuff out that I didn't want to spoil, but missed that one. I guess if we can't edit the info out of the flg, then maybe someone could post up good instructions on how to get the info?