Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: strong cat lord

The best way to handle the catlord is something along these lines:

-- Come prepared with wands of webbing, poison, and paralyzation with lots of charges, and perhaps some blessed potions of booze
    -- Humanoid slaying ammo
    -- Slow monster spell

Get onto the level, and find a room/corridor, and lay out shitloads of webs, find the cat lord, and lure him into them. Zap him with a wand of poison from afar a few times, get far back, and cast slow monster on YOURSELF.

Now, while he's still in the webs, plug his poisoned ass with blessed humanoid-slaying ammo.

Makes this whole level pretty trivial. Only tough part is setting up your webs properly, and in an undisturbed manner. The wand of paralyzation comes in handy for tying up the kitty whilst you lay your trap.

Does eating a displacer beast corpse still work on levels that do not allow teleportation?

I'd be VERY surprised if it did.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

The last time I played (~2 yrs ago ), one of my PCs was a male troll barb, "true melee". When he got to the Cat Lord (at about level ~20), I was understandably nervous, but two applications of the barb-class triple-damage special (with vanquisher, middling tactics skill, and berserk tactics mode) sufficed. CL certainly landed a few decent blows on his turn (partially thanks to that high movement price tag on the class special), but it wasn't anything that even threatened to slow my PC down, even if CL had had a second or third chance. (My PC had killed *many* cats prior to the conflagration, by the way.)

Postscript: Long story short, this PC had done and went on to do the same thing to all 5 orb guardians (e.g., ASB: 2 hits-to-kill & zero damage taken), plus Fisty.

What's the effect of casting slow monster on yourself? I thought you do that to increase XP gain, but not so it seems... any bugs in there?