Thread: Champions

Default Champions

I recently got my first crowning ever...

My question is, now that I have it, how much do I have to toe the line in order to avoid becoming a fallen champion? Right now I am a champion of balance. Can I go to N-, N+, and the other permutations of neutral without getting penalized?

NL and NC are fine too, but it's playing things riskily. Remember if you want to get back to N= from any shade of N you can just sac a lot of gold at a neutral altar. Amulets of balance reduce the alignment changes from lawful or chaotic acts, amulets of order/chaos can pull you up or down, and there's lots of lawful or chaotic acts you can commit for instant changes.

Well that's good news... I do have amulets of Balance and Law so manipulating my alignment isn't hard, but I wanted to make sure that I didn't need to wear the amulet of Balance all the time to be safe (I like to pick pockets).

Thanks.

The surefire way to pick pockets without alignment change is to make sure the enemy is hostile. If it attacks you first then it's not a chaotic act to pick its pockets. If you do get some alignment drop then whipping yourself is often the best way to recover it.

From personal experience, it is good to always have a means of rising your alignment at hand, for these times when you really want to do something bad, and get away with it.

I suggest:

Whip self-flaggelation is good, but may not work if your To gets too high (you need to damage yourself for it to count). Be sure to have a means of healing, as RNG is ever watchful. You can train First Aid as well. (-:

Having a companion nearby to heal is another way.

Co-aligned altar is probably the best - a few sacrifices and your alignment should near your god's viewpoint. The unfortunate thing is it's immobile (-:

almost all of my characters are Lawful champions. i have never fallen from my path by accident. only when i am trying something ridiculous like killing everybody in dwarf town.
    What a deliciously boring signature.