Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Other RPG's

Yeah, its not really a game you choose to specialize, you just do EVERYTHING =p
    I remember by the end, Justin has 5-star skill speed in everything, insane power, and could romp through everything, and all the other characters were meh, only one could be called good at anything, otw they sucked =p
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

I liked Final Fantasies and Fallouts (1 and 2, spinoffs are shit) the best

I also recommend "openglad". I used to play it a lot when i was a kid.

Here's a screenshot of it:

In this game you'll hire troops and create a party and they gain experience points and you can train their stats / buy levels if you got enough gold.

My teams are usually not teams at all, (consisting of 1 super-trained character only, makes it very hard).

The idea is quite simple, just clear the level of foes and exit to the next level.
    2 Regular endings:
    - level 36 gnomish monk
    - level 50 hurthling beastfighter

Random Mspaint drawings (laziness alert)

I've just bought the Witcher for the PC, and its turning out to be a great game - bar one thing. There's some dodgy graphics card bug, which keeps causing the game to crash for a minute or so during videoo scenes. It's fucking annoying me, and whats more, i can't find any way to solve it.

LoRd Of CoRrUpTiOn

i like Fallout and Fallout 2. Morrowind. I spent really long time playing Might & Magic VI. the story really sucked me in. later i tried M&M VII, VIII and IX. but each next was shorter and not as good as the previous one so VI remained my favourite. I also playde some Daggerfall but graphics in dungeon made me literaly sick so i had to quit ;>

I once tried BG demo but i couldnt get used to isometric view with rts-like party gameplay so that was the end of BG for me.

I played WoW alot becos i love the world from warcraft series. it was fun but it lacks in so many rpg aspects. like no multiple ways to solve quests. passive npcs. well mmo arent really well suited for rpg yet

Default Wizardry !!!

In my mind the Wizardry series will always be the ultimate in rpg gaming and nothing Ive ever played comes close to depth and immersion. Adom is a close 2nd for me.

Wizardry VI, VII, and VIII are incredible and are even a trilogy where each game has multiple endings and you can import your party from one to the next and you start in VII and VIII depending on how you ended the previous game. VIII itself has 8 different endings!

You can still find the Wizardry Archives CD around sometimes that has 1-7 on one disc and then you can pick up 8 seperately.

Nethack.

(*duck and run*)
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/