Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Creator's Day Random Character Contest

Default 2008 Creator's Day Random Character Contest

"At different times you may enter the Drakalor Chain,
    And these times may bring some loss or some gain,
    The end of the year is celebrated with drink,
    But on the day after you'll be too tired to think,
    On the eve of the Lord's birth you may see a lucky star,
    But on Friday the thirteenth you won't get far.
    And Creator's Day is by far the best date,
    For on that day you'll receive a smile from Fate..."

-- The Mad Minstrel

July 2nd (this coming Wednesday) is TB's birthday, and we know this well because all characters generated on that date begin with the Lucky and Fate Smiles intrinsics. So, time to abuse this for another contest - a simpler, more traditional one this time. Every player creates a random character on this date and tries to win the game in whatever way they like. Post results of your general progress here and we can all compare how quickly we die in spite of the extra luck.

Rules:
    -Don't generate the char before July 2nd. If you come too late or are busy on the day then you may change your PC clock afterwards to generate a competing character. Entry is closed on July 13th.
    -Random starsign, random gender, random race, random class, random attributes (just to be clear!)
    -No save-scumming. Only one attempt.
    -Post initial char details here when you generate it. Give updates whenever you feel like it, but try and keep any updates to just 1 post - we don't want the thread flooded with uneditted vlgs. If you want to post a full victory or death file use the separate YASD and YAVP sub-forums and link to it with a summary.
    -No holds barred - you want to use piety abuse, dragon gold, gremlin bombs, whatever, then that's up to you. Play how you like, though be honest about it of course.

There will be a high score table put in here based on points achieved, but as we all know that has very limited meaning. The whole point is to have fun, and to maybe end up trying a class you're not used to. Oh, and to laugh at each others' deaths of course. Best of luck to everyone!

Current Entrants:

3AM - Grugga, Dragon-born female orcish bard
    Current status: Exploring VD.

Alavir - Lial, Cup-born female dark elven merchant
    Current status: Just started.

Aleph - Kalend, Candle-born male orcish assassin
    Current status: DEAD. Para-killed by a ghul in the SMC. Advanced to level 8, scored 34,312 points.

Ars - Conan, Raven-born male human barbarian (with two-headed calf birth effect)
    Current status: DEAD. Shredded by a werewolf lord on UD4. Advanced to level 9, scored 12,735 points.

baby-eater - male drakeling mindcrafter
    Current status: DEAD. Stung by a giant bee warrior on PC4. Advanced to level 7.

Baranor - Dark One, Wand-born male dark elven beastfighter.
    Current status: DEAD. Paralyzed and dissected by a dark elven priestess. Advanced to level 15, scored 36,836 points.

BioHazzard - Cerulean, Sword-born female drakeling paladin
    Current status: DEAD. Poisoned by an assassin in the bandit village. Advanced to level 1, scored 3,189 points.

deepshock - Zelda, Book-born female high elven wizard
    Current status: DEAD. Broke his neck falling down stairs in the ID. Advanced to level 10.

DeSt - Lucky Beggar, Sword-born male drakeling bard
    Current status: DEAD. Crushed into the dirt by a moloch on D45. Advanced to level 28, scored 1,521,766 points.

Dorten - Dorten, male dark elven mindcrafter.
    Current status: DEAD. Doomed himself with a pool and got slashed open by a large gnoll on PC6. Advanced to level 9, scored 11,076 points.

evariste - evariste, Raven-born female orcish priest
    Current status: DEAD. Aged to death from pool-drinking in DarkForge. Advanced to level 19, scored 196,284 points.

Evil Knieval - grey elven assassin
    Current status: DEAD. Killed by a troll on VD7.

FantomFang - Intellectress, Tree-born gray elven barbarian
    Current status: DEAD - the first to fall. Died on VD7 from poison. Advanced to level 6, scored 5,655 points.

Grey - Yuria, Book-born female human druid
    Current status: DEAD. Crushed by the emperor moloch in the scintillating cave. Advanced to level 47, scored 4,186,460 points.

gut - Newidd, Unicorn-born male gray elven druid
    Current status: WON! Closed the gate, within 24 hours of the contest starting. Advanced to level 50, scored 48,596,092 points.

idoru - Rain, Raven-born male dwarven priest
    Current status: DEAD. Sliced open by a dark elven warrior in the SMC. Advanced to level 7, scored 4,733 points.

Kato - CreatorDay, Candle-born male grey elven farmer
    Current status: DEAD. Felled by a large orc in the SMC. Advanced to level 3, scored 3,228 points.

LFk - Risen, Salamander-born female orcish farmer
    Current status: WON! Closed the gate. Advanced to level 50, scored 14,838,280 points.

Lich - Quaoar, Unicorn-born male orcish bard
    Current status: DEAD. Roasted by a fireball trap in the SMC. Advanced to level 2, scored 3,152 points.

meh - Candle-born female orcish mindcrafter
    Current status: DEAD. Brought down by a hobgoblin chied on DD6. Advanced to level 7, scored 5,658 points.

Molach - Wand-born male hurthling archer
    Current status: DEAD. Killed by a kobold zombie whilst posing naked for a ghul on PC4. Advanced to level 10.

omega_red - Dolg, Raven-born male orcish weaponsmith
    Current status: DEAD. Stabbed by an ogre magus on PC3. Advanced to level 9, scored 25,615 points.

PeanutGod - Rif, gnomish thief
    Current status: Quit before the Tower.

RFP - RFP, Wand-born male human archer.
    Current status: DEAD. Devoured by a wolf on VD7. Advanced to level 9, scored 12,380 points.

Sami - Barb, Tree-born female hurthling barbarian
    Current status: WON! Closed the gate. Advanced to level 50, scored 15,393,308 points.

Shadow 2014 - Scorch, Salamander-born female dark elven wizard
    Current status: DEAD. Sacrificed to the gods by a doppelganger on PC2. Advanced to level 8, scored 16,898 points.

Sintaluva - Gnicotina, Dragon-born female gnomish archer
    Current status: DEAD. Eaten by a gorgon on PC6. Advanced to level 13, scored 21,028 points.

Siriah - Lee, Candle-born male hurthling monk
    Current status: DEAD. Killed by a grey ooze in a jelly vault in the UD. Advanced to level 11, scored 14,161 points.

Soirana - Dalwyn, Raven-born female gnomish healer.
    Current status: WON & DEAD. Closed the gate with ease then decided to wish for "emperor moloch" in SMC. Killed in 1 turn. Advanced to level 50, scored 7,569,438 points.

Subconcious - Blob, Wand-born male trollish thief
    Current status: DEAD. Brought to the grave by a revenant on PC6. Advanced to level 5, scored 5,055 points.

trojan214 - Jahrakal, Candle-born orcish healer

ular - Candle-born high elven archer
    Current status: DEAD. Frozen to death by an ogre magus in the ogre cave. Advanced to level 13.

vogonpoet - Rosie, Book-born female hurthling farmer (hah!)
    Current status: DEAD. Smashed by a rock throwing fire giant in DH1. Advanced to level 15, scored 72,642 points.

warheart - R938h4, Tree-born male high elven beastfighter
    Current status: DEAD. Blasted by a dark sage in the SMC. Advanced to level 9, scored 14,975 points.

zasvid - Victoria, female dark elven paladin
    Last edited by Grey; 07-10-2008 at 08:18 PM.

Lucky and Fate Smile, isn't it?

Hmm, quite right - never noticed that before...

I'm definitely joining in. I've never started a character on that day so I have no idea how helpful some extra starting luck really is. Should be interesting to see what the random character generator gives me, too.

Sounds like fun. Count the New Lord of Corruption in! (And watch me die to a stone block trap that I can just forsee coming my way)

LoRd Of CoRrUpTiOn

Sounds like a good time.

I'm in for sure!
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

Great idea. I'm definitely in. I've never actually won before, so I don't know how well I'll do, but I'm stoked for what will be my first actual participation with something like this on the forum.

I'm in. Not sure for how long will (s)he survive, though. RNG hates me, when it comes to random characters.
    Me is troll, me is moomintroll! Me likes ADoM... Me likes Dwarf Fortress... Dis two games is the ones best!

Oh, me likes zombies too!

I'm in.
    Looking forward to a poison based suicide attempt.