Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minimum 2nd lvl exp.

Default Minimum 2nd lvl exp.

Just as the title says. I'm interested what will be the minimum of exp, you need to get a second level. For me, it was 62 xp, with the cup born hurtling farmer with one of that funny birth messages (i think it was about killed elder). She was one of two my non savescummed wins.

Who less? And, more important, can anyone point the absolute possible minimum?
    Me is troll, me is moomintroll! Me likes ADoM... Me likes Dwarf Fortress... Dis two games is the ones best!

Oh, me likes zombies too!

I could say that gnomes has 0.9 while hurtlings only 0.95. But i've seen cup gnomes(merchants) resulting in more exp needed comparing to non-cup gnomes(merchants too).

Quote Originally Posted by DeSt View Post
    I could say that gnomes has 0.9 while hurtlings only 0.95. But i've seen cup gnomes(merchants) resulting in more exp needed comparing to non-cup gnomes(merchants too).
    According to GB it also depends on initial stats. Noone seems to know how exactly.
    Me is troll, me is moomintroll! Me likes ADoM... Me likes Dwarf Fortress... Dis two games is the ones best!

Yes. But i've played ~10 gnome merchants and skummed(for potion merchants) even more.
    Some testing:
    Non-cup - 83-93 xp for 2nd lvl.
    Cup-born - 95-98 xp for 2nd lvl.

Maybe cup sign is bugged? That'll be fun to know that noone have noticed such a game changing bug...

The worse the stats, the less XP needed for levelups. At least that's what I heard.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

In my own testing before Cup definitely gave a reductio in xp requirements on average (tested with gnomish merchants - generated about 30 of each). One important thing to check is the xp needed for level 40 rather than level 2 - sometimes the ratios are different.

In theory the least xp needed is by a gnome merchant or farmer born in cup with the falling star birthsign, possibly with crap stats. 62 is probably the lowest I've ever heard though.

Low attribute scores have reduced the XP requirements in my games. I nearly always determine the overall level up rate by checking the experience required for level 12.
    Last edited by Nezur; 07-01-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Grey is right.

40th lvl:
    ~7100k xp - non-cup gnome merchants
    ~6500k xp - cup gnome merchants

Well, i have something:
    gnome + mindcrafter + random stats resulted in St: 6 Le:11 Wi:16 Dx: 7 To: 7 Ch:12 Ap:10 Ma:12 Pe:12
    and 50 xp required to lvl 2.