Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Great games you've been playing/played!

Baldurs Gate - 1, 2 & ToB Played in sequence...
    PS:T - Epic
    Waiting to play Mass Effect 2
    Torchlight is pretty cool too. The Shadow Vault reminds me of the ID

torchlight
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

Oblivion, with realism mods installed, and several levelling/class/race
    overhaul mods too.
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

I haven't tried any of the recently released games but for Cilivilization 4 BTS, the game I've been playing lately, I can recommend the PIG mod.

neverwinter nights 2 again also, finally gave in and bought storm of zehir for it. I must saw for the negative reviews it got, Im finding it pretty darn fun.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

Did i tell you we once offered the complete set of D&D games to our mom xd
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Grey : Planescape started off slow, But I have to admit... once your about 1/3rd into it the story is fantastic..

Silfir : Best description I've heard in a long time :
    Chess doesn't fuck around with you - it says "Here are your pieces. You won't get more, and your opponent, who has the exact same pieces and setup, sure as hell isn't goint to let you transform one easily. Neither of you can run or hide, or fool around. Watch every move of your opponent closely, think over every move you make, devise cunning, foolproof plans, and achieve victory using only your superior intellect and your nerves of steel."

ADOM says "Here are your character and your items, good luck improving. You never know what will lurk behind the next corner (or, indeed, above or below you) - it could be good, it could be bad. Prepare for everything. Hide and run if things look bad. And don't be too pissed if I just seriously fuck up your shit from time to time - that's how I roll."

In the end, you can't compare one of the best multiplayer games ever devised in the history of mankind with one of the best freeware singleplayer games and expect to really be able to come to a conclusion.

As for what I have been playing lately...
    did some dwarf fortress.. ok, but back to Neverwinter nights classic with endless nights iv free mod... very roguelike w/random quests... and still plugging through adom frequently determined to beat it eventually.. I know as soon as I finally finish the game once JADE will be released...

Still haven't beat the game with : all
    (but I have hit d49 a couple of times :P )

Damn it, I'm too old to want to play yet another umpteenth Pokémon game.

"But that Pokéathlon stuff sounds really fun and interesting and you loved Pokémon Silver back then when you spent that ten days in the hospital after your traffic accident and there are few games you could lose hundreds hours playing without getting bored to begin with and also there are two worlds and 16 badges"

Who am I kidding. If I could buy an English language version of the game in a store in Germany, I would have done so long ago. (There is an English version but the guy who gives the Pokémon their German names must have come down with a severe case of retarded. Also, the childishness of it all is harder to ignore if the game uses another language than your own...)
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.