View Poll Results: Just how old are you?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • 13-17 - high school?

3 5.77%
  • 18-22 - college?

21 40.38%
  • 23-30 - working?

17 32.69%
  • 31-40 - getting bored working?

10 19.23%
  • 41+ - Yeah...you are bored at work...

1 1.92%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about.....YOU!

Talking

I am 14 in high school in cheyenne wyoming, USA. i found adom because i was looking for a good game that would run on my ancient computer that my dad gave me with windows 3.1 on it. I fell in love with it instantly. I am trying to write a fantasy novel in my spare time. I like playing ADOM, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Age of Empires 2, and Dungeons and Dragons with my little bro. I am also fascinated with the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. If any of you have read any, tell me what you thought of it in my thread in General Discussion.

I live 14 miles from the capitol city of Wyoming. 50,000 people! kind of small i guess but it still seems too big for me. I have lived in the same place all my life and plan to live somewhere in this area when i grow up. Most of my relatives live in Cheyenne too. I'm planning to go to University of Wyoming when i grow up. I stay up way to late playing ADOM and HoMM 3 and reading Xanth books over and over and over.

You guys are so fascinating, but that's what I expected after reading your other posts.

I'm 31 and currently live in Venice Beach, California. I've played ADOM on and off for maybe 3 years... had my first win earlier this year with a High Elven Archer. I've always thought it was a great game, but it's hard to find the proper time to play it. I find that if I save and come back weeks later, I've forgotten several important points, like where altars are, who's behind that door, etc.

I played my first game of Rogue a loooong time ago... in the late 80's I think. I don't know where my dad picked it up, but we used to play it together. Nice, short interludes of bonding between father and son (we never beat it... probably lasted 10 levels max).

Since then I've played too much Civ (1&2... never got into 3), Alpha Centauri, Master of Magic (still the best game ever), Master of Orion 1&2 (didn't have the patience for even 1 game of 3), and some dabbling in other things, but no patience to finish. Currently married with a 15 month old munchkin, so playing time is very limited. Still, I've definitely enjoyed my ADOM a lot more since discovering this forum.

Hee, mdrew sounds like me when I was that age, except replace Wyoming with upstate New York.

Guh. Suddenly I feel old, and I'm only 21...

Heh...I'm glad I'm not the only one over 30 still playing this game

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthine View Post
    Hee, mdrew sounds like me when I was that age, except replace Wyoming with upstate New York.
    No kidding? did you play D&D?

i am also recently reached 30. Still haven't finished my studies...

Gonna write this yet another time. Some days ago I had everything typed here, my stupid computer crashed while posting it and didn't want to start again. But I guess I have too much spare time.

I'm 24, still studying. I'm from Bara??in, Navarra, Spain, a little (22k people) town next to Pamplona, where the sanfermines took place some days ago. Always lived here. Been playing ADOM on and off lots of years, maybe 6 or 7, maybe even more, don't know really. Still suck at it though, only got my first couple of wins (wizard, ranger) not long ago this year, and I can't really get any char to the late game easily, only wizards.

Recently my life has changed a lot in many ways. Some time ago I was a kind of videogame freak, but this year I stopped playing any kind of games. Only been playing ADOM a bit, but I think I'm gonna stop as well after YASD a couple of days ago when I was gonna beat the game easily. I like to play chess, although I don't play much lately. I also like to go out with friends, and atm I'm looking for a girlfriend.

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Background Information
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: gut                 Race: mostly Human        Class: Masochist
    Eye color: hazel          Hair color: brown shaved  Complexion: pale
    Height: 6'                Weight: 219 pounds
    Star sign: Aries          Birthday: erased from history

YOUR HISTORY:
            In your childhood you were unbelievably lazy, though you greatly
     enjoyed sports, and the outdoors. Due to a rural environment, you had 
     few visitors, and spent way too much time fishing in the river by your 
     house. You were often in the company of your canine companions.
            As a young adult you enjoyed painting pictures of fantasy monsters
     and landscapes, much admiring the work of artists such as Boris Vallejo 
     and Darrel K. Sweet. You enjoyed reading fantasy novels, and they fueled
     your passion for art.
            Currently an adult, you (for some reason) still enjoy the painting
     and reading of fantasy subjects. You enjoy watching combat sports, and 
     are interested in training yourself. You also discovered a game, full of 
     magic, monsters, and mystery, and like studied it in depth. 
            After many long years of strategy, and perserverance in ADOM, you 
    decided to become a Masochist.
    Last edited by gut; 07-18-2008 at 06:34 PM.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I'm 21, I live in Warsaw, Poland. I study law at university. I'm playing Adom for about 10 years now and never managed to win. I'm bent on finally doing it this summer. I plan to play 1 hour each day and continue despite disastrous and embarrasing deaths which are sure to happen
    I also play mainstream games, my all-time favourite is Jagged Alliance 2. I love music too, mostly hard rock and classic metal. I like cycling, jogging and I'm a practicioner of Aikido. My favourite cuisine is Italian

I'm 28 (29 in a month). I'm from Berkeley, CA but now live in Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, China. I've been playing ADOM since I left the USA three years ago. ADOM has gotten me into fantasy and sci-fi like nothing before. Before ADOM, I read 'literary' novels, now I love sci-fi/fantasy. Before ADOM I never played D and D, after ADOM I love it.

Other games I enjoy are CIV 4 Vassal States and Battlefield 2.

I teach at a primary school and spend weekends playing home made board games with friends.

I'd say getting into ADOM was the first step to truly embracing my inner nerd.