Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Immortal dreams

Default Immortal dreams

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Gotta say that gnome and GE are the ultimate choise for wizardlike classes. I prefer gnomes myself becouse their HP which is clearly higher than elves' due naturally higher To. Levelling fast also increases HP gain visibly. They also have more skill levels ups so you can max up necromancy and concentration right off. Gnomes get +1 talent anyways and low exp requirement for level ups gives you more talents.

Of course GE are more powerfull, I just happen to hate the fact they die so easily in mid game.
    GEs' low To can be trained up with herbs without doubt but their earlygame is just hell.

I say random. However, gnome's fast levelling might be nice for getting to L50 in a decent space of time. I'll warn you though, achieving L50 ain't exactly easy. You might want to keep an eye out for shambling mounds... Also, for guaranteed initial levels I'd recommend gut's tactic of bug-bolting, followed by ID stair-hopping for a blinkie and some spellbooks.

RoR would obviously be a perfect find, since To 5 is all you need. However if you don't plan on closing the gate then the Earth orb will obviously suffice.

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: update

Irrc, necro power said to>=10 on death moment (and i am not sure how natural stats and equipment stuiff is handled). Somehow i am not planing to die. But that puts me in To+10 via artifacts requirements.
    The steps the necro power takes are as follows:

1) Take your current toughness score, all modifiers and worn equipment added in.
    2) If To >= 10, halve to and live again.
    3) Add on your modifiers again after halving your To.

It clearly should be doing this with your score as it stands when it isn't modified due to gear, but it isn't doing that. So what eventually happens is you end up with less than the necessary toughness, you add five from your RoR, and end up with more than 10 again. You can't get less than 5 after halving, because that would mean you didn't have enough To to self-rez anyway, so you'll always fall btw 5 and 9, then shoot back up to 10-14.

Incidentally, your permanent toughness score eventually becomes the total of your +To modifiers from gear if you do this long enough, which I think is cute. (So with just RoR, your permanent To is 5, and with just RoR, you will always approach 5 if your To goes up somehow, like from herbs or somesuch.)

Math is fun!

10 characters

If your Toughness is changed for any reason then it will tend towards the same value as your modifiers on consecutive deaths. If you had the Earth orb equiped and base To of 1 then it would actually rise to 10 (total 20). Similarly if you had base To higher than the modifiers then it would fall down exponentially till it hit the modifier value and then stay there (eg if your base To is 20 and you're wearing RoR then on first death it'll go down to base 12, then base 8, then 6, then finally 5 on the fourth death). The maths behind this is simple enough when you get into it.

One thing you have to be careful of is toughness draining enemies that might bring your total To below 10 - I'd recommend saving all PoGA, potions of toughness and potions of boost toughness for these situations.
    Last edited by Grey; 07-11-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Dont forget the initial aligment the time you enter dwarf town at the first time.
    You need at least L or L+ to get rolf's companion and having disaligned altar wouldnt be nice.

10 characters

My necro is doing it with just the robes of resistance, every time I die my To is halved to 5 and the robes bring it back to ten. it's kind of a risky method but it's been working thus far (180 floors into the ID, hundreds of greater moloch deaths and 20 some starvations later).