Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the heck?

Default What the heck?

http://students.mimuw.edu.pl/~pta/adom.jpg

Can you explain this? ;-)

a typical suicide

Known bug.

This is a known bug: The NPC in "blind rage" chooses to attack a random monser. Sometimes this is the NPC itself, resulting in the NPC attacking and killing itself, and gaining exp for doing so.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

That's one of the several reasons why I prefer 1.0.0 over 1.1.1.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

It's a common thing that many peoples complain about. It has also been noticed that most people complain about Filk killing himself, but never actually complain when another important NPC kills himself. They will justify it with "But it's more frustrating for this to happen SO late in the game!" but fail to realise that Filk can be taken down in one hit. Measures can be taken to make sure that he falls before he has a chance to suicide.

In case of Kherab, the guy likely didnt get his quest properly cleared... And therefore didnt get any reward, except the one with the corpse, which gives a potion of chaos resistance.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

And an anvil. Nice refuge for the lawful dumbnuts (like me) who just don't want to kill Glod (like me) but still want to start smithing somehow (unlike me, Smithing sucks).
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Usually greater demon kind enough to kill Glod himself.

Believe it or not, but lawful dumbnuts like me don't like for the greater daemon to kill innocent bystanders (I know it's very easy to trick the game's moral code). Besides, the longer he is alive, the more chances does he get to off the demented ratling, or Garth, or other useful people.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Pretty damn weird room layout encountered today:
    Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

###########
         #.%.......#
         #.........#
         #..^......#
         #.........#        ###
         #.........#        ...
         #.....%...##### ###.#           ########            ##
         #...%...../%..# #...#           #%...%.#            ...
         #############.###.#             #..>.|.#              #.#####
               ##### #.....#             #.....|#              #....%#
           #####.*.###^###.###############.@..%.####################.#############
           ....%.*%....# #.....%........(++++\\++....................%.....%.....#
           ........##### #############################################....<...%..#
            .....###                                                 #..........*#
            ....%                                                    #...........#
             ....                                                    #...%.......#
             ####                                                    #############

Ha            St:30  Le:28  Wi:25  Dx:38  To:30  Ch:11  Ap:12  Ma:25  Pe:27 C-
    DV/PV: 39/38   H: 292(292)    P: 147(147)    Exp: 22/1197707    D: 23 Sp: 108
    Berserk
    Yes, those are doors that weren't created by a wand ;P