Thread: *1st WIN* Gnome Wizard

Default *1st WIN* Gnome Wizard

I've been meaning to put this up sooner but wanted to see if I couldn't find out where OSX stores my .flgs but alas. You'll have to take my word for it I guess.

Early game was uneventful, except for 2 L precrownings in Unremarkable Dungeon. Got Black Tome (why would a lawful god give this to his champion?) and Brannalbin's.

Even with modest stairscumming I had few good offensive spells. So I built up Magic Missile - this would turn out to be a good idea. Getting Blinky corpses was a pain in the ass as I almost brought myself to NL killing about 80 dogs.

Got wish, AoLS from Darkforge pools. Got crowned with Soaker, fire immunity (nice.) Pacified Big Room, stomafillias to last through rest of game. Saved Khelly, brought banshee into the forest. Pyramid and ToEF were no problem. By now Magic Missiles are at about lvl 30 and killing lots of stuff.

Can't remember too many particulars about this stage other than almost dying in the Bug Temple (2 blessed potions of boost speed helped me through a tough spot.) This was my 1st or 2nd time getting the Water Orb so I was very cautious with the end game and took more time than I needed too. Nothing from this point on was much of a challenge, as magic missiles just got stronger and stronger. Did karmic wyrm quest (killing a greater titan on first blue dragon cave level was VERY tough but eventually mms did him in and he gave me about 4 levels at once.) Got to level 49 and decided to beat the game. Traded useless potion for Protector in icy room. My char was a walking tank at this point and D:50 was easy to clear. (No potions or prayers!)

After winning (even from text-based graphics, I was expecting a little something more) I killed Filk to get sting and needle, even though Ultras were obviously out of the question I just wanted go around kill stuff with my uber-wizard. Went to scintillating caves and would have killed the Emperor Moloch but it was late, I pressed the wrong number and did about 1500 damage to myself with 1 magic missile. Never got the satisfaction of seeing that "saved the world without saving himself" message, as I had never closed the game.

After seeing how ridiculously powerful wizards can be late in the game, I am going to play other classes until I decide to come back for an Ultra Ending.

EDIT: Not only are uber-magic missiles devastating, it's a lot of fun bouncing them into rooms at the right angle so it hits pretty much everything in the room at once.
    Last edited by B_C_; 08-13-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Congratulations!

... Now try again with a notwizard
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.