Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adom & Ubuntu

Default Adom & Ubuntu

Im really a noob on linux, but i have no idea how to run adom on ubuntu, does the linux version work? or do i need to install it with wine and if so how do i do it?

Um, have you tried the Linux version? Considering all of the other versions are ports of the Linux one, I don't see why it shouldn't work, then again I have absolutely no clue about Linux whatsoever.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Linux version works fine - just download it and run it! I haven't figured out how to get Sage working in Linux yet though...

hello i managet to get it running, my problem was that i did not know how to run it.
    but now i encounteret an other proplem, game says that adom iss already running or /adom/.adom.data/.adom.prc was not removed this is similar to windows bug where removing the adom.prc file manually helps proplem is that i cant find the data folder nor the file

You need to enable hidden files/folders. In your home directory there will be a fodler called .adom.data which contains the irksome .adom.prc. Delete it and your troubles will be eased.

i tried that, i still cant see the folders (or files)

i also tried reisntalling the game, i removed the folder and reinstalled to different folder and the problem remains, i cant figure out what's wrong.
    i got it working for a while (before the proplem occured) and after reinstalling i managet to see a flash of start up screen

Quote Originally Posted by Shael View Post
    i tried that, i still cant see the folders (or files)

i also tried reisntalling the game, i removed the folder and reinstalled to different folder and the problem remains, i cant figure out what's wrong.
    i got it working for a while (before the proplem occured) and after reinstalling i managet to see a flash of start up screen
    Its because its a hidden folder (a.k.a nsfw ) hit ctrl + h to see them.
    I never won a Adom game...

like i said, i tried to enable the show hidden forders & files, still can see it nor does it work

I'm assuming you're desktop environment is Gnome since you're on Ubuntu: why not just use Nautilus to search for the file?

I've never used linux before... but do you have to see a file to delete it?
    Couldn't you just type in "del c:\adom\adom_dat\adom.prc", or some such command?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."