View Poll Results: Do you believe in JADE?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, JADE will be ready soon!

36 30.77%
  • JADE will be finished some day, but I won't live long enough

30 25.64%
  • I really don't know what to think

20 17.09%
  • In theory, JADE is possible, but It won't be finished ever

23 19.66%
  • JADE is only a myth

8 6.84%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in JADE?

I've got to admit... I'm not hopeful. I've started my own share of projects and never finished them, so I know how easy it is to abandon things.

I think the secret is to do a little every day, even if it's just setting aside half an hour. Posting about what's done, even in that half an hour, would also probably lift spirits here (I'm thinking of Toady's dev blog from Dwarf Fortress).

2020:
    JADE? Oh yeah, that's the game that will be released at Christmas, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sradac View Post
    well i used to believe in jade, but it looks like the project died again. TB probably got bored with it. First week of august he said he would be gone for 4 weeks, its the middle of september and we havent even heard a "Hey im back" update on his blog. Oh well.

yeah, Thats also my big worry. He's almost been gone for two months. Hopefully he didn't die in Death Valley. I'm really looking forward to JADE. I wish he was a bit more active with his site though. Especially knowing he has dedicated fans.

I used to believe, but now.. who knows

Toady develops Dwarf Fortress full-time, as it pays for itself in donations. Thomas doesn't have that luxury, sadly.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

He gets post cards. Why dosent he set up a donation thing? Adom has been around longer than dwarf fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by Sradac View Post
    He gets post cards. Why dosent he set up a donation thing? Adom has been around longer than dwarf fortress.
    It's possible he doesn't want to do donations because then he'd feel obligated to work on it. Much like the Alex who makes Noctis IV( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noctis ).

But all we can do is hope he's really working hard on JADE and just too busy to update the site.

More likely because he's CEO of his own company and earns far far more than we could ever pay him in donations.

I have to say, after 10 years of waiting i'm begining to loose faith.

The first time I played ADOM, the JADE website was brand new. I remember thinking it would probably take a while but I would never have guessed I would still be waiting 10 years later. In fact, I'd never of guessed that I'd even care 10 years later!

Oh well. What ever will be will be. Maybe TB will get renewed enthusiasm somehow (as he seems to most years around christmas time).

I'd love to se it released but I wouldn't blame the guy if he didn't. 10 years is a long time to maintain interest in a project.

Quote Originally Posted by electric_wizard View Post
    I have to say, after 10 years of waiting i'm begining to loose faith.

The first time I played ADOM, the JADE website was brand new. I remember thinking it would probably take a while but I would never have guessed I would still be waiting 10 years later. In fact, I'd never of guessed that I'd even care 10 years later!

Oh well. What ever will be will be. Maybe TB will get renewed enthusiasm somehow (as he seems to most years around christmas time).

I'd love to se it released but I wouldn't blame the guy if he didn't. 10 years is a long time to maintain interest in a project.
    I had no idea ADOM or the JADE idea has been around that long. Now I really don't expect it =(. Do you guys know of any other good rouge-like. I've played Nethack, DoomRL, and a little bit of TOME.