View Poll Results: Do you believe in JADE?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, JADE will be ready soon!

36 30.77%
  • JADE will be finished some day, but I won't live long enough

30 25.64%
  • I really don't know what to think

20 17.09%
  • In theory, JADE is possible, but It won't be finished ever

23 19.66%
  • JADE is only a myth

8 6.84%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in JADE?

it?s been a long time since the last time i posted something, hehe...
    i?ve been learning the basis of Java at the university(UNS, Argentina), stuff like sintax,inheritance,etc... using bluej... im close to holidays so, if thomas need some help, i could try helping him with some easy coding

I don't believe in Jade anymore. I focus on what does exist. Dwarf Fortress seems a hundred times more advanced than JADE and actually does exist today. Once you learn it it's good fun.

Oh well, yeah :-) I can assure you that boredom is not the problem. Still lacking the rich person financing JADE to free up my time rather is the problem ;-) I'm working at slow speed... but it's the best that is possible and nobody is more sorry about that than I am, believe me.

Sometimes it feels a bit like being a blind painter... damn.
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Or a Zen Monk?

If Soirana can complete that challenge, I will believe anything is possible, even beta releases of JADE.

*support mode*

Go Thomas, you are clearly the most awesome of Roguelike programming Creators, otherwise why would we all still be here. We your awed fans shall continue to live in hope (even if the smileys on this forum are incredibly ugly --> ).

<cheers>patientvogonpoet

ive been waiting for jade since like 1999 or 2000 I can wait another season, no big deal TB!

It's coming "soon". All the heretics that say otherwise (and perhaps even those sacrilegious agnostics who aren't sure) must be banished for blaspheming the Creator!

No, but seriously, JADE is coming along piece by piece, and TB will all of a sudden spring a beta out of his top hat one of these days (or years, actually).

Take your time, I'll be very grateful when JADE finally arrives. *goes to find a rich person*.

bah TB you dont need to be a rich person, just be like every irresponsable person out there and spend half your paychecks on lottery tickets!! Join the "If I spend enough money, I HAVE to win!" school of thought!

(I in no way endorse this behavior lol.)
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

nathrakh Guest

I certainly do believe that JADE will be released some day but not anytime soon. Maybe after a year or two.. or something like that.

half year passed since the last post in this thread)) any changes? news? anything?