Thread: YASD: Mountain Dwarf

Default YASD: Mountain Dwarf

Moeba, the mountain dwarf fighter, was the first to prove that the world of Ancardia is round. Or at least the first documented PC to have done so.
    Moeba advanced to lvl 7, more or less (don't know exactly anymore) and managed to enter lvl 4 of a forboding tunnel. Then, he was stupid enough to save his game, which he wasn't able to restore.

The restore did work earlier for the same character, only on the 4th lvl of the cave it stopped working.

Ancardia is round? Rubbish! It's a torus!

(Honestly, globes don't wrap around like that.)

And as I mentioned earlier, my brother already completely explored The Ancardia, in about 14 years.

...we need a YASD subforum for JADE.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Heh good thing I know what a torus is. For those who don't, it's like the surface of a doughnut.

Yes, topologically it is like a torus, and not round like a pancake . But also a torus is round in two ways, from each place you can make 2 circles, basically.

Maybe we should elaborately discuss the torus-ness of the Ancardia and its symbolic meanings in this thread? Why, for instance, did the creator prefer the shape of the torus over that of the globe? Isn't the globe round in a more beautifully simple way?
    And don't go around saying that it was just more convenient to program a torus than a globe; death to the doubters of the creator's programming abilities!
    Last edited by Moeba; 07-04-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Indeed, clearly he wants us all to eat more doughnuts and wear more jade jewellery!
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Perhaps the decision to make it toroidal is a hint as to the release date of 1.0.0?

Could it be between 20th of April and 21st of May? Under the starsign of Taurus?

Maybe it was the funny joke Silfir once explained to us about the
    Berliner/doughnut Kennedy thing? JADE is a Berliner.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."