View Poll Results: Do you believe in JADE?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, JADE will be ready soon!

36 30.77%
  • JADE will be finished some day, but I won't live long enough

30 25.64%
  • I really don't know what to think

20 17.09%
  • In theory, JADE is possible, but It won't be finished ever

23 19.66%
  • JADE is only a myth

8 6.84%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in JADE?

Quote Originally Posted by Arch Gremlin View Post
    I really wish that you are right about that. Since DNF kind of was just on live presentation in PAX, apparently Gearbox has been finishing it, and from what I can find are going to release it in 2011.
    /* no comment */
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Alright, I may have said that I believe J.A.D.E will be out but now I have a massive doubt that it ever will be released. Or it will be the Duke Nukem Forever of indie gaming and get picked up by another developer.
    Last edited by Moloch666; 06-05-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Duke, JADE, Zelda and one level demo of my game Kaduria. Spring 2011. Epic.

I want to believe. But the ADOM blog RSS is sitting there in my browser so dead, never updating, so sad and alone...
    But if Duke Nukem Forever is coming out, everything's possible!
    Last edited by kapsi; 11-29-2010 at 01:43 AM.

Yes, Duke Nukem Forever being released does remind me to have faith in humanity again. Except each project (Duke Nukem and JADE) are only similar to each other because they are each games. I mean, one's a multi-whatever dollar first-person-shooter endeavor by a team of people and the other is a rogue-like, one-man operation, and a side-operation at that.

Sigh. When will the torment end?

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterSkittles View Post
    Yes, Duke Nukem Forever being released does remind me to have faith in humanity again. Except each project (Duke Nukem and JADE) are only similar to each other because they are each games. I mean, one's a multi-whatever dollar first-person-shooter endeavor by a team of people and the other is a rogue-like, one-man operation, and a side-operation at that.

Sigh. When will the torment end?
    The torment will NEVER end.

*evilface*

nathrakh Guest

I'm hoping for playable demo release for next year.. I think that's achievable.

The Duke Nukem Forever solution was that the original team finally went bankrupt and the development was finished by another studio. Translated in terms of JADE: Thomas Biskup finally gives up and hands over development to Tarn Adams. Ten years later, JADE is still in alpha, but being played by millions of people, some of whom have managed to construct a computer running on gremlin multiplication and glider herb patterns capable of running Crysis.

... That would be fairly awesome, but it IS Thomas' project, and he will do work on it on his own time. I bet once a basic version is released and people can comment on what's happening in it, further progress will be much more likely.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

DNF is out and Jade first alpha is out...but DNF was panned by almost all reviewers...so don't follow the DNF way anymore, Herr Biskup!

Lightbulb

So, as now DNF and JADE have been released, what development hell project can we joke about next? :-/

Tune next in for Java-based the Tiefland and the Cobbler Engine and the Fountain of Youth Forever, which will be four hundred years in the making.
    Last edited by Laukku; 07-06-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].