Thread: Q - gnomish elementalist

Smile Q - gnomish elementalist

This post will require some help from you serious Adomers and perhaps Linux fanatics. The reason for this is I don?t know how to pull up my file out of our Linux computers.

But before I get into that let me set the picture of this Adom victory. I run a telemarketing office mostly filled with high-school and uni kids.

This one employee, a geeky but chilling Uof Toronto student brings in Adom and installs it on our crappy Linux system. At first I hated it and I thought it was completely retarded to play a text based game in general. Also I tried playing the RPG like I played Diablo?which results in hundreds of insta-deaths as well as more hatred towards Adom.

But obviously the hate went away and a year later we have 4 Adom fanatics playing this game religiously. We read the posts, the guide and whatever else is out there and still died a bazillion deaths.

The geeky chilling guy who brought this masochistic passion upon us was leaving around this time due to school getting pretty difficult. However just before he left he did leave us with a pearl of knowledge?the dragon scam...and getting crushed by the weight of his gold at lvl35 (the first of many such death in our office).

As a team we learned about the game fairly fast, mostly throughout this summer (2008), and finally started to advance in the game, which included a win (14mil points) with a gnomish beastfighter by my assistant (I know geekdom runs wild in this company). He was very careful and spent an entire month in the ID.

My favorite character became the gnomish elementalist, I found it the most versatile and fun to play.

Here is where I went nuts.

My goal was to get as many pre-crownings as possible (b4 you get overly bored), which with the help of the dragon money doubling (is this cheating?) amounted to 7 (8,11,14,17,20,23) + 1 crowning. I decided to skip the pyramid since I figured I couldn?t get 7 bad artifacts.

Getting this point was fairly easy, my elementalist was generated raven this time, I went into SMC, got the blanket then got the hell out, did the bandit quest and proceeded into the ID. I was there till lvl 11, got a few good items including a climbing set and SofCC. Then I proceeded to the puppy cave and healer quest caves (I didn?t need healing just did it for the extra artifact).

As a gnome you level like crazy, so by day 2 of playing I was level 20, time for the dragons. All you need for this is one of the following: speed, stun, slow monster, teleport, or invisibly. By this point I had SLB, teleport spell, slow monster, and stun ray lol. I did the dragon scam to 800 mil (why not? lol), and the pre-crowings began?executer, iron fists, Brannalbin cloak, and a bunch of crap, lots of 2-handed weapons and the quarrel (which I never used). To do this I killed Hotzenplotz to get the amulet of order. I sacced gold till I was absolutely close and then using the amulet moved to N+, saccing 1 gold after to check and I was at "extremely" and so on.

So with that Q actually started the game. I went to dwarftown and here I did something no one on the forums talks about: I took 200m and through dragons took it to 800m again, with this money I paid for stat increases in dwarftown (100 mil per stat), due to all the deaths by people in our office I never carried more then 200k gold on me at any time aside when it was needed. After that the game became a joke, I took the big punch and used it throughout the whole game as nothing came close to the damage this thing dealt (even though I had swords of sharpness). Q was level 27 in no time and his stats where in their 50?s. To make the game interesting I decided to kill blup?s mom. With 500hp at the time, she took Q down to 7! I was shocked, but I killed her and lvled to almost 36!! The rest of the game was a ridiculous breeze not to mention I did the stat thing again.

Fire temple, claw bug, assassin, minotaur, rift, etc. the only thing Q didn?t do was the Quicklings and Ultra stuff. By the time I hit 2/3rds of the game, Q was level 50 and it was just silly. I found a ring of immunity as well as djini summoning, on top of bracer of war, helm of leadership, many eternium plate mails and shields, along with dragon scale males etc. I had no artifact armor or boots or shield through out the game. By this point my stats were all into their 70?s and my PV/DV both over 70 in berserk mode. The cat lord was a joke (I killed about 20 cats), he did some damage but over all nothing special. I also got the mana battery corruption and went to buy all the wands sold anywhere. My mana was pumped to 900 which was great coupled with 1000hp and 99str (retarded).

By this point I did everything so easily it was funny, 99% of everything in the game died to Ice ball. In fact there were only 2 monsters in the game that posed any risk (did any significant damage whatsoever)- Greater molochs and quickling queens (fast bastards). By day 3 playing (this is about 4 hours a day), Q was down at D:50, I took the game pretty carefully by this point because of corruptions getting annoying, I mostly teled from stairway to stairway chilling only in D:9 and up when needed. I followed the guide about the leavers, but I figured why not kill everything; I took the balors out one by one with a phase dagger and arrows/quarrels of daemon slaying. The rest was again a joke with Ice ball, 2-4 castings and a 4by5 area around me was done. Fistanarius took less then 10 hits to kill; I cleaned this level out in less than 10 minutes.

Lastly I did the unicorn quest and I was done and herpes free (corruptions). I had only 1 wish through the djini ring and it was for SofCC, no AofLS, but I did find a scroll and potion shop. I never used a pool, never saved Kal, never drank and potions of boost anything, and mostly just killed everything which such ease it was funny. Overall it took about 15 hours of game time.

Q finished as a great ruler of the land, with 32,419,516 mil in points, at 54,963,603xp, in 256031 turns while saving himself 20 times.

Now I wish I could post a file up like the rest of you, but I have no idea where it might be in the Linux computer, hopefully the guy who got this decease into our office will call me today with instructions.
    Last edited by AdomScrewedMySalesOficce; 09-12-2008 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Update

Try "home/.adom.data/.adom_dat".

I've done the dragon gold thing and gotten 15 precrowns (had to get to level 50 in the ID). It's a good laugh all right. Using the gold for Garth makes the game a bit too ridiculously easy though. Still, nice first victory - elementalists are nice to start off with, but hard to keep powerful.

Default Getting my file

My friend is coming next week, i need to hook up my laptop to the server and work off in DOS mode to get the file. But he is doing all this for me next week.

I looked up a site on highest adom scores- http://adom.brinkster.net/hof/displa...t#daren_de.txt

based on the site and my score i could be 38th lol, thats pretty cool

If it's a high score you're after, forget that silly dragon-gold-doubling.
    Go straight for the good stuff...piety scumming : ) By using piety scumming,
    you should be able to improve upon 38th place by a considerable margin : )

Those techniques are (to me) a bit like save-scumming, they are good for
    letting you see more of the game, but the game is more fun if you drop them.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."