Thread: Help me....

Default Help me....

I played this game some 10 years ago as a freshman in high school. A good friend showed me the game and the depth struck me and I started playing that day. I played for a while and never really got anywhere impressive but I remember him talking about getting to all this great things, and all this great puzzles. I think I got to the arena often, and that seems to be about it.

Anyway, the point is I haven't played this game in almost 8 years now and I remember nothing, and I'm sure things have changed some too. Where can I go to get more information. I started in the other day and I remember somethings, but I remember pieces and we all know that isn't enough to play this game at all. Is there a newbie help file, or a starters guide or something I can get to? Any help would be great. Thanks for your time.

http://www.andywlms.com/adom/
    Warning: Contains Spoilers
    Ancient Domains of Insanity
    Insane Dungeon of the Rogues
    Twitch

If you happen to know of a location to a missing chapter of ADOI, please contact me. <3

The ingame help is a great place to start. It covers most of the info, you'll need to play the game comfortably.

And the waring for ADoMGB should be more like: "OMFG!!! huge freaking spoilers!!!!" I'd advised you to read it only after some playing (for a month or two at least), or read only the parts concerning the most basic game mechanics, cause the plot-describing parts really spoil the game experience.
    Me is troll, me is moomintroll! Me likes ADoM... Me likes Dwarf Fortress... Dis two games is the ones best!

Oh, me likes zombies too!

Another good thing to remember, if you start with healing, do guth'alaks quest or the puppy quest first. if you DONT start with healing, do the healer quest first either from the lawful or chaotic end both get you thesame skill. Another thing i like to do before going anyplace else, step into the small cave then leave so its easy when i come back later lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sradac View Post
    Another good thing to remember, if you start with healing, do guth'alaks quest or the puppy quest first. if you DONT start with healing, do the healer quest first either from the lawful or chaotic end both get you thesame skill. Another thing i like to do before going anyplace else, step into the small cave then leave so its easy when i come back later lol.
    ive played adom for years, not so much since wow come out, but my gosh i cant belive i never did that,
    i

ive played adom for years, not so much since wow come out, but my gosh i cant belive i never did that,
    lol

That blanket is a lifesaver, though, so I tend to hop in there almost first. (almost)

Melphen, the best, advice I can give is don't look for a guide. Find a good friend and introduce them to the game, getting them up to your speed. Trading secrets and working things out together after that is the most fun someone could ask for. Took me about 7 years to beat ADOM that way, but it was totally worth it. If your looking for hints, consult the mad minstrel...

> I played this game some 10 years ago as a freshman in high school. A good friend showed me the game and the depth struck me and I started playing that day. I played for a while and never really got anywhere impressive but I remember him talking about getting to all this great things, and all this great puzzles. I think I got to the arena often, and that seems to be about it.

Anyway, the point is I haven't played this game in almost 8 years now and I remember nothing, and I'm sure things have changed some too. Where can I go to get more information. I started in the other day and I remember somethings, but I remember pieces and we all know that isn't enough to play this game at all. Is there a newbie help file, or a starters guide or something I can get to? Any help would be great. Thanks for your time.

You'll prolly wanna google adom guidebook. Good luck, and
    hope you do really well.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    please quit responding to a game that has been over for 6 months
    Oh the irony...
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

The thing that really helped me advance in playing skill were Gut and Fazisi's "let's play" walkthroughs. You should be warned that they contain massive spoilers and dark side strategies but very helpful none the less.

>> Originally Posted by gut
    please quit responding to a game that has been over for 6 months

> Oh the irony...

Oh, the obliviousness. I should have forseen this, actually.

You will note that my post is not preceded by a bot post. In addition,
    it is the fist post ever made on these forums. Read, joke.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."