Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Religion in JADE

Quote Originally Posted by IronJelly View Post
    I had a weird thought today about racial gods.

What if there are racial gods for all the playable races (and maybe some not playable ones), but they are all demented, and work to turn you into a member of their race if you worship them. It starts out easy enough as species X (you), worshipping the god of species Y. After some worship, the beneficial traits of species Y start appearing within you (ie, a worshipper of the dwarf god is going to be tougher and hairier than other members of his species), but eventually, once that is maxed, late enough into the game to prevent doing it more than once, your born traits start to disappear, and you eventually find yourself more species Y than species X, much to the sorrow of your own species and their god.

Ok, no more smoking for me. carry on your previous conversation.
    that would be a neat way to obtain a hybrid character

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Going to a simple good/evil system is an awful idea in a role-playing game..
    Actually, its just that you got 5 alignments instead of 9... in practice, NG/CG, LN/N/CN, and LE/NE all pretty much behave in an identical fashion, and so deserve to be combined.

My favorite god from Dungeon Crawl is Jiyva Jerphe, god of the slime pits... worshiping him is like playing bizarro ADOM. He makes slime creatures and eyeball monsters and such nonhostile, and feeding them items is how you perform sacrifices. But why I say its bizarro ADOM, is that he gives distinct mutations of his own of a slimy/chaotic nature, including the good ole "Covered in eyeballs" type thing. He can likewise send jellies to help you fight, or to turn enemies into such, as well as removing bad mutations.

this was already mentioned before but I agree with whoever said that it would be nice to have a lot more interactions with the gods.....like for example doing quests or slaying the enemys of that diety....also the ability to visit the home realm of a deity would be quite nice......a lawful god might ask his champion to slay the high priests of an evil deity...or invite him join his side in combat as he attempts to assault a rival deity....or ask him to lead his armies into battle...