Thread: Thrundarr is quite the prankster.

Default Thrundarr is quite the prankster.

Well, I had a dwarf paladin who was almost certainly going to reach the first orb, and I went to the dwarf cave for the first time, ready for my first quest. It was a Spectre (at L11, not easy).

By the time I got up to the wilderness, I managed to get to L13, enter the Rehetep, and score a spectre. I then managed to brave the animated forest (not quite yet ready to feed myself to the El Gigante monsters of the Dwarven Halls), and succeed at many of Thrundarr's other quests, up to the Arena one. As a reward, I got my wearable kit, in which was a mithril armor (-1/-3) [-2/+7].

...of hate.

It causes NPCs to turn hostile on me as long as I'm wearing it.

That very instant, muscular dwarves were summoned to fight me. I led all of them off the level and dealt with them there. In spite of all this, I managed to get the greater daemon quest from Thrundarr once I cleaned up after the armor's effects. Unfortunately, I bumped into a little girl, and apparently lost the privilege of the "Really attack ...?" prompt.

On the other side of the dwarven town, Waldenbrook was there to tear me a new one, and boy did he ever.

I should have known the ancient dwarf had it in for me when he assigned me that spectre. What a jerk.
    Last edited by deepshock; 03-17-2008 at 12:15 AM.
    Top Score in ADOM: 10.1M- Normal victory (Male Dwarven Paladin)

King of All Dwarves.

Man, that sucks... Kinda sounds like something the ADOI version of Thundarr would do xD
    Ancient Domains of Insanity
    Insane Dungeon of the Rogues
    Twitch

If you happen to know of a location to a missing chapter of ADOI, please contact me. <3

Quote Originally Posted by deepshock View Post
    Well, I had a dwarf paladin who was almost certainly going to reach the first orb, and I went to the dwarf cave for the first time, ready for my first quest. It was a Spectre (at L11, not easy).

By the time I got up to the wilderness, I managed to get to L13, enter the Rehetep, and score a spectre. I then managed to brave the animated forest (not quite yet ready to feed myself to the El Gigante monsters of the Dwarven Halls), and succeed at many of Thrundarr's other quests, up to the Arena one. As a reward, I got my wearable kit, in which was a mithril armor (-1/-3) [-2/+7].

...of hate.

It causes NPCs to turn hostile on me as long as I'm wearing it.

That very instant, muscular dwarves were summoned to fight me. I led all of them off the level and dealt with them there. In spite of all this, I managed to get the greater daemon quest from Thrundarr once I cleaned up after the armor's effects. Unfortunately, I bumped into a little girl, and apparently lost the privilege of the "Really attack ...?" prompt.

On the other side of the dwarven town, Waldenbrook was there to tear me a new one, and boy did he ever.

I should have known the ancient dwarf had it in for me when he assigned me that spectre. What a jerk.
    UHAUHAUHAUHUHAUHAUAJAUJAUJAUJAUHauhuhahuhAUHUHAuhA huaUHAUHAUHuhAuhAUHAUHuhAuhA!!!!

I had a good laugh!
    I never won a Adom game...

Yes, he is annoying sometimes. "Kill a wild cat, you say? How about a giant? Or a dragon?... Oh, it must be a wild cat... I see."