Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADOM and the Angband Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    And a wannabe troll by the looks of things. Your views on releasing the source and the Angband effect are welcome, but there's no need for your ridiculous insults or your presumptions of the rest of the ADOM community. Most people are fully aware that there will likely never be another version of ADOM. We half-believe there might be JADE at some point, but we're not hanging on the edges of our seats for it. We're here because we enjoy ADOM, bugs and all, and even if there's no new version we'll be quite happy to play the current one for years to come.
    high five grey!!

Stringing us along all these years holding us in suspense, blah blah blah...

what? really? ADOM is not my life, nor is it TBs. The Creator rocks and thats all there is to it. I expect nothing from him, if you have been around the adom community for more than 2 weeks you would know we all love TB just because he's always been so cool and straightforward with us. He tells us straight up "Hey guys I got more important stuff going on for a while, wont be working on anything for the next 4 months"

and we're cool with it, because we're all cool and understand. And yet we still come here and hang out, cause we all get it. we just get it, thats it. we laugh about the bugs in adom, we experiment with different builds and victories and challenges. i still have yet to get far with an alchemy man. but whatever, this guy probably read 2 things TB wrote about not working on anything till after his PhD and thought WTF this guy is selfish he wont even finish his game?

...that would be us being selfish demanding he did. Good for TB, get that PhD! More power to him. Then after he gets it, we take a trip and chain him to a chair with a desk, computer, bucket to pee in, and a years supply of frosted flakes for him to build JADE on.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

The Creator = God in a lot of sense...SO! Lets throw this argument in a whole new direction, because it has the same meaning on both sides!!!

Why do religious people love their god? whens the last time they saw him do anything? or speak? same thing with TB! It dosent have to be constant attention to appreciate whats already been given. TB gave us plenty already, and those of religion has already gotten life and the world from the chosen religious deity.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.