Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A place to call your own.

Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    Anyways, I see no point in pondering about this one too much, since it's essentially the same thing that we want, an organization that makes money by dealing in the illiegal (your definition may vary), non?
    Semantics indeed - if that's what you mean by thieves guild then we're talking the same thing. Just wanted to be clear that there are crime bases not centred around thievery. In real medieval times it's hard to imagine any place called a thieves guild to be honest - such dark dens would I guess normally be rooms at the back of or underneath legitimate businesses likes pubs and restaurants.

Y'know, it'd be cool as a particularly powerful and evil character to have your own dungeon, complete with random spawning monsters etc. Maybe even a moat of chaos pirahnas around your main base on the bottom level

That's a nice idea, and I don't think it's even beyond the scope of what ADOM offers.
    It's actually pretty basic, all you need is a few pickaxes, wands of trap and door creation, and you can have a DIY evil dungeon. Add a few undead servants for flavor.
    (obviosly, the level needs to be empty to do it in the first place. Maybe add a spell to collapse tiles, mkaing them diggable? That's probably more trouble than it's worth.)

Then, add some adventureres attempting break and enter every now and then, and you have a nice Dungeon Keeper-like experience. With some additional scripts, adding followers (hire a merchant to set up a shop, priest for a chapel, etc.) and it may turn out to be quite entertaining.
    Last edited by spectre; 03-20-2008 at 12:29 AM.

Anyone ever played Dungeon Keeper 1 or 2? I want an evil dungeon like that lol...Thye need to make a dungeon keeper 3 some day. Ya know if dwarf fortress can do what it does im sure if I actually understood how to make a roguelike i could make a kickass dungeon keeper roguelike.