Thread: Crowning gift?

Default Crowning gift?

When/how is the crowning gift selected?

I played three high-elven archers, and all of them got that shitty quarrel ("Thunderstroke"?) as a crowning gift. The third time it happened I was angry enough to try savescumming, but no, I got the quarrel again.

Bad luck or --?
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

The crowning gift is determined at character creation, so savescumming won't help you there. There's a few possible crowning gifts for each class, 5-7 different possibilities.

But you surely had a really bad luck with those crownings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ars View Post
    But you surely had a really bad luck with those crownings.
    1/(5*5*5) = 1/125

Yeah
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

It's more like 1/343 - there is 6 gifts for all classes and high elves have additional chance to receive Sun's Messenger.

Chance for this to happen is indeed 1/343 - but then it's not all that rare to get three sixes in a row on a six-sided die if you roll for long enough either.

With a high elven archer, it's a chance of 3 in 7 to hit the "jackpot" - either Sun's Messenger of the Far Slayer - and a chance of 2 in 7 to get royalled screwed over with the projectiles. Some would consider the boots of the divine messenger or Whirlwind to be screwovers as well, considering that seven leagues are generally considered absolute Archer favorites and rocks are nowhere near as extreme killers as arrows and quarrels can be.

Considering this, it's best not to get up hopes too much about Archer crownings. It's worth a shot by any means, though. 3 in 7 (for elves), 2 in 7 (for dwarves) and 1 in 3 (for everyone else) are decent chances. Other classes are worse off.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.