Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Class restrictions

Originally Posted by spectre
    Perhaps in ADOM and JADE spelcasting is all about inwkoing an incantation, and no gesturing at all.
    I'd take this further. Using magic as purely an act of will. No gestures, no formulas - that's Harry Potter fare. A person invokes a magical effect because he/she is conncted to the mystic energy that flows through everything. Reliance on moves and strange syllabes makes magic too automatic/mechanical.
    That's why I always thougt the spell 'Silence' from classic AD&D (which makes spellcasting impossible) made no sense.

Personally I imagine bolt spells requiring only a simple arm movement at the aproppriate direction, whatever held in hands doesn't matter. As for spells like Bless, I think it would be easy to release a single finger and touch someone with it.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    I think there should be some class restrictions implemented into the game. For example, wizards shouldn't be able to run around in things like chain mail or plate mail. They should stay limited to things a bit more suited to their class, like robes and leather armor. I also hate seeing win posts with a wizard running around with say a spear and a shield. A few wizards might use swords but most would be using staffs or pherhaps a dagger/knife, but not a shield and a spear. Also limit the actual number of spells a warrior/fighter can learn. Don't just make casting/learning them harder. Say don't let them learn ball spells or improved fireball, maybe let them have heal light wounds and a couple other weak ones.
    Shame shame shame.

What's wrong with the creative use of your environment?

That's what this game is!
    Does playing ADOM on a public computer make you giddy to be nerdy?

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    Besides that, wizards in Adom are already really powerful, much stronger than other classes IMO. Nerfing them a bit, would restore ingame balance between classes, and I think that playing as classic(ie. with robe and staff/free hands) wizard is much more climatic than playing as uber-tank wizard.
    well if memory serves class in adom weren't ment to be balanced in the first place. and form my experience with other games - theres no fun in balanced classes

No restrictions. I want my mages wearing plate and I want my mindcasters wielding greatswords and I want my thieves toting battle axes.

I want my mages being able to win naked.

Who says they can't win naked?

LoRd Of CoRrUpTiOn

Everyone knows wizards have to wear a pointy hat.

I want females to be restricted to wearing chainmail bikinis.

I want to be able to wear plate armour on chain mail on a leather jacket. Plus the chainmail bra for females.