Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starved to death in a food store

I believe that when you buy things, the shopkeeper will restart restocking

Quote Originally Posted by Elone View Post
    It doesnt matter where you put them. As I said, the number of items that a shopkeeper can stock is likely relative to his shop size. If you buy 5 items from him, you'll be freeing up some of his room, allowing him to stock another 5 items. If you buy all from him, he will also restock all.
    Not what I meant. I mean dude, I know how it works. =P But he said he got the 'shopkeeper repositions some items' message. One reason that occurs, which would prevent a restock, is if the shopkeeper moves over the pile of stuff. Then he just spreads the items out again.

I'm confused. Maybe I read wrong. Did Boris mix up repositioning with restocking? If so, I'm sorry. Your first response to him could be perceived ambigously.
    P.S. A dude? Where?
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

I think he did... not sure. Anyway, it's not important. Um... the dude is in that bowling alley, I think.

[Edit: post deleted]
    Last edited by Grey; 03-22-2009 at 12:49 PM.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

You could have tried equipping heavy items (armor, weapons, books) into your missle slot, and throwing them. As long as they don't hit the shopkeeper, it's completely fine to throw them around, to my knowledge. You can also pick them up later, after you've fed yourself.

Speaking of dropping things in shops, I had a rating warlord disarm me in a shop once, and the shopkeeper boomed "THANK YOU!" and my former weapon became part of his stock. I would have had to pay the shopkeeper to get it back.

Next time through your big heavy armor/ killing device and continue till your strained. he yells for dropping but not throwing

That is ironic, but how did it happen? You were strained! when you came in, and you had some si's?
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Quote Originally Posted by DumbleDoor View Post
    That is ironic, but how did it happen? You were strained! when you came in, and you had some si's?
    Starving state reduces strength, so he could move while hungry! until he got to starving.

Imagine that in a real life situation. Your at a local bakery, with food on the shelves, and the owner won't allow you to pick up the food without paying him. You have so much stuff on you that you can't move, and you are about to die, but he doesn't allow you to drop anything. Munxip should get a big chaotic boost for that.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"