Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird start?

Default Weird start?

I started a trollish weapons smith with a large hammer in the left hand...
    Explanation?
    BTW, is the trollish metaboliosm about equal to 100 healing?
    EDIT: Whadya know, the game crashed. God dang those ingots!
    Last edited by DumbleDoor; 10-15-2009 at 12:54 AM.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Trolls regenerate 1 HP per 18, 19 turns through natural regeneration (and can only be improved by eating troll corpses). 100 Healing gets you approximately 1 HP per 12.5 turns, so it's quite a bit faster.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

All weaponsmiths start out with a hammer in their left hand (didn't know that, but tested it and it works. Even made a high elf weaponsmith, started with a longsword in the right hand and a warhammer in the left one ). Troll weaponsmiths start out with a large hammer, in the left hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    All weaponsmiths start out with a hammer in their left hand (didn't know that, but tested it and it works. Even made a high elf weaponsmith, started with a longsword in the right hand and a warhammer in the left one ). Troll weaponsmiths start out with a large hammer, in the left hand.
    Why, though?
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Quote Originally Posted by DumbleDoor View Post
    Why, though?
    Tools of the trade.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Williams View Post
    Tools of the trade.
    I don't get it. Why in left hand?

Why not in the left hand?

Goddamn those sicko right-handed fascists these days
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Why not in the left hand?

Goddamn those sicko right-handed fascists these days
    Because all ADOM characters are right handed?
    *Even if they get the ambidextrous talent*

I guess the last thing they did before entering the Drakalor Chain was to forge their weapon. To do that, they were probably holding the red-hot weapon with their right hand and hammering it with their left.

Because weaponsmiths are coded to put it in their left hand at start so the character can keep his actual starting weapon in her right hand. If you are a troll who starts out with a two-handed weapon, the club gets put in the bag and the hammer gets put in... your left hand.
    ________
    Vapir No2 Vaporizer
    Last edited by fazisi; 04-02-2011 at 10:14 AM.