Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: noob question

Default noob question

Is there a list of all the commands for the game someplace? I've poked around and haven't been able to find it.

Found it!

Thats Awesome!
    What a deliciously boring signature.

How long have you been playing Zargen?

Welcome!

Remenber that \Co like controls are Crtl + the key.
    I never won a Adom game...

Another question!

Live Sacrifices. How do I go about getting all that good stuff done

Lol'th enjoys my wands and books. and the occasional mass heaping of corpses. But I want the big bucks.

Also - Been playing for a few days now.
    Last edited by Zargen; 03-20-2008 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Adding something on.

thats easy, just lure the monster onto an altar and then use a capital O(like that one) for the offer command to sacrifce said monster. Beware though, humaniod monsters can sacrifice you if you're standing on an altar. Also make sure you don't sacrifice monsters that match the alignment of the altar(for white marble altars don't sacrifice lawful stuff like say a blink dog) as this can make the deity mad at you which isn't a good thing
    I haven't yet finished an ADOM game, but i haven't given up on trying yet either.

Chaotic gods dont mind the monster alignment.
    I never won a Adom game...

hmmn i wonder if lawful gods like chaotic living sacrifices more then neutral lol. Never really thought to check.
    I haven't yet finished an ADOM game, but i haven't given up on trying yet either.

Sacrificing on white altar is very safe - there are very few lawful monsters in game, and only one that you can meet in early game is blink dog(which from obvious reasons can't sacrifice you). Only monster that actually could sacrifice you(I think, never really checked this though) is ki-rin, but it's very rare monster, and you won't meet him in early and mid game.

Also you can sacrifice everything non-lawful on white altar(except for monster that every god won't accept, like bredders, summoned monsters, undeads, constructs and few others), so sacrificing on white altar is actually best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329
    just lure the monster onto an altar
    Actually you don't even have to lure it, just be sure that monster have free way to altar, and wait for him(press "w" and "5" on numpad). If you're about precrowning, luring every single monster is very time consuming, so it's better just to wait near altar for them.