Thread: Strange in D:50, or is it?

Default Strange in D:50, or is it?

Hello everyone! First time poster, long time reader.

So i've never seen this before and i was hoping one of you good people could explain.

I was playing Drakish beastfighter at the time. Like i usually do, i started to dig towards the southern lever room with wands of digging, just past the Chaos mutants and i hit a wall after a zap or two. Instead of being able to dig through, nothing happened I tried other directions and so forth, not to mention pick axes, but wasn't able to dig. At that point the annoyed ghost lords started coming in, and got aged to death. Not being saddened too much because of the death, i was more surprised because the usually working digging didn't work this time.

However, the next time i managed to get that far with drakish beastfighter and managed to win (should upload .Flg when i get home from work). The walls were diggable, unlike previously :/

Sometimes part of D:50 isn't diggable. This can happen in any game. It makes your job quite a bit harder if your character is rather weak.

Now that you know, prepare your next D:50 stints with this in mind - become powerful enough that you can take a detour through the writhing masses and chaos mutants. Being a hero is hard work.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Silfir wrote:
    Sometimes part of D:50 isn't diggable. This can happen in any game. It makes your job quite a bit harder if your character is rather weak.
    It sure did, the ghost lords did me in quite fast already because of aging hits. Never knew it could vary, always something new. Thanks a lot, helps me in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Empyra View Post
    It sure did, the ghost lords did me in quite fast already because of aging hits. Never knew it could vary, always something new. Thanks a lot, helps me in the future
    Ghost lords can't see invisible. If you're playing a character with a relatively short lifespan, it is always worthwhile to wear a ring/cloak of invisibility, or at least have the spell heavily applied for D:50.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.