Thread: Vaults on River Levels

Default Vaults on River Levels

No idea has anyone made a discussion out of this yet, but I just stumbled upon a medium lesser vault of demons that was on a river.

It's a pretty fun sight, all those demon hounds separated by water squares. Happened to anyone else here?

Yes. Kobold lesser vault on a river level. I was an archer, and you can tell I was pretty happy with my arrow collection.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Must be pretty rare, though... I've played ADoM since what, the second grade and I'm in high school now, and this is the first time it's happened to me. Hehe. Poor little hellhounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Must be pretty rare, though... I've played ADoM since what, the second grade and I'm in high school now, and this is the first time it's happened to me. Hehe. Poor little hellhounds.
    Well, the only dungeons (I think) vaults can be generated in are the UD and CoC...
    Anyway, what is the chance of randomly generating a river on a level? I've actually had it happen 3 times to me in my ADoM career... Once that, another one with spawners, and another greater vault of white wyrms, all of them having rivers.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Quote Originally Posted by DumbleDoor View Post
    Well, the only dungeons (I think) vaults can be generated in are the UD and CoC...
    Anyway, what is the chance of randomly generating a river on a level? I've actually had it happen 3 times to me in my ADoM career... Once that, another one with spawners, and another greater vault of white wyrms, all of them having rivers.
    And Puppy cave

Happened a fair few times to me though. Must be (un?)lucky.
    Gate closers: (ImmaNinja Level 44 Drakish Monk);
    Ultras: Maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir
    I was hoping for additional insight, especially as to the connection to alcoholic beverages insofar as non-consensual sexual relations with insects are concerned. Alas, my hopes were in vain.

It happens. I've also had tension rooms and threat rooms with rivers running through them. Funniest was I could see a square up about 4 spaces on a non-swimming character on a river so I used on demand teleport to reach it. Turns out I teleported directly into a threat room of ancient blue dragons. I blame the assholes for not stepping on the one visible square I had of the room to let me know what I was about to do was a really bad idea.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

And right now, on the very same character, the RNG decides to dump a Ki-rin on me, one of the most rarest monsters in the game. Exceptional.

Oh, and Hateful Eternium Longsword of Devastation (+0, 6d8+15). Hehe. This thing beats my crowning gift in damage, and is only one-handed...

EDIT: A few hours later, a SECOND Ki-rin. What the hell is going on?
    Last edited by Tupimus; 11-05-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    And right now, on the very same character, the RNG decides to dump a Ki-rin on me, one of the most rarest monsters in the game. Exceptional.

Oh, and Hateful Eternium Longsword of Devastation (+0, 6d8+15). Hehe. This thing beats my crowning gift in damage, and is only one-handed...
    that is one nice weapon my friend.
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

Quote Originally Posted by pblack View Post
    that is one nice weapon my friend.
    No idea why the RNG is so kind to me on this try. I think it's a conspiracy, but I'm rolling with it for a while.