Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactic for getting damn cold wand

Hey. Maybe the reason it doesn't freeze is simply because it should only freeze on your square (same as yours) and you should not be with the pihranas.
    I woner what happens if he freezes the water with you inside?

IIRC, if you mine ice with direction '5' you can stand in lake without taking dmg. Or something like that. I could not find any practical use for that fact. Lack of imagination probably.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Regular white dragons also cannot freeze water. I tried it with a kobold shaman too and he couldn't either. If I recall correctly, the game describes their bolts as "tiny" so they function correctly.

On a somewhat related note, I once tried drowning
    a greater moloch to see if it would work like it does
    in dungeon crawl. I froze some water, lured a GM
    on top of it, then melted it with a fire bolt. It's been
    months ago, so I forget what happened, but it wasn't
    exp. points : )

I think it just 'pushed' the GM to land. Somehow.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

IIRC a kobold shaman's bolt is not cold at all, it's described as an "energy bolt" or something like that. As in the League of Kobold Shaman Energy Bolt.

No, they aren't frost bolts. Sorry.

The kobold shaman invokes an incantation! Tiny bolts of blue lightning are
    creeping about your body! Shock waves rip through your body!
    The kobold shaman invokes an incantation! Tiny bolts of blue lightning are
    creeping about your body! The bolts tingle slightly.

Hehe, just realized. Damn means send to hell, a fiery place. You're saying that about a wand of cold...
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Quote Originally Posted by DumbleDoor View Post
    Hehe, just realized. Damn means send to hell, a fiery place. You're saying that about a wand of cold...
    In "Dante's Inferno", it gets colder and colder the deeper they descend into Hell.
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNiceguy View Post
    In "Dante's Inferno", it gets colder and colder the deeper they descend into Hell.
    No. There are a variety of environmental conditions. The hottest place is probably the sixth circle, where heretics burn in flaming tombs, and the entrance to the seventh circle, where the violent boil in Phlegethon, the river of blood. The eighth circle (simple fraud) is more temperate, but the punishments are no less severe. It is only on reaching the ninth circle (treacherous fraud) where the frozen cold begins. The damned are frozen into the ice at a depth appropriate to their crimes.

Dante's mythology is a favorite of mine.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Williams View Post
    No. There are a variety of environmental conditions. The hottest place is probably the sixth circle, where heretics burn in flaming tombs, and the entrance to the seventh circle, where the violent boil in Phlegethon, the river of blood. The eighth circle (simple fraud) is more temperate, but the punishments are no less severe. It is only on reaching the ninth circle (treacherous fraud) where the frozen cold begins. The damned are frozen into the ice at a depth appropriate to their crimes.

Dante's mythology is a favorite of mine.
    I stand corrected. In my defense, I read it my senior year of High School, which was about 14 years ago. I knew the center was frozen.

I'll have to re-read the Inferno sometime. I never read the other 2, either.
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.