Thread: Cruel, cruel fate

Default Cruel, cruel fate

Hazard, my random orc druid with the devil's own luck, just died.

Highlights of the game:
    Found hateful adamantium longsword of penetration and a large crystal shield in the UD.
    Found two suits of blue dragon scale mail and Wyrmlance in Darkforge.
    Found plenty of herbs, and maxxed out Wi, To, Dx quite early.
    Saccing stomacafilla, got precrowned with Ironfist.
    Didn't save Khelly, but things were looking good.
    After clearing the Griffyard, I decided to poke my head into the ToEF. I didn't think I could
    take on the dragon yet, even with Wyrmlance, but I thought I might get a bit from Str from
    giant corpses.
    On level 3, I found a WAND OF WISHING (5)! I think this is only the second time, ever.
    Wished for rings of ice and Alchemy, hoping to mix longevity potions.
    No need to rush now, I thought I'd take my time clearing the levels below the portal and
    see what else I could find before deciding on the other wishes.

...and ran into a Ghost Lord, who panicked, went berserk, and aged me to death with
    mutliple hits in one turn. :-(

Ouch, i feel for you. WoWi's are rare, and must be pain to lose that along with promising character. Kinda same thing happened to me, too once. I was playing dark elven beastfighter, who founds RoDS, saved khelly, had good stats from PoGA's, found WoWi in griff graveyard, wished rings of ice, 7lbs etc and decided to finish skeletal king.

Dropped my items and froze the lake, lured the bastard into the corridor and started whacking him, i was wondering how the hell he got so many hits in, well turns out i hadn't blessed AMW, all my potions were by the lake and i couldn't get past him, so kept on praying and hitting him, eventually he killed me in one turn with multiple criticals. Damn i was pissed, but atleast i learned something...Neverever leave your potions, or lure him into the corridor :P