Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely close?

Default Absolutely close?

Is it possible to stop getting that message, in the same way that extremely? I've been sacrificing quite a while for postcrowning, and it doesn't seem to work...

Well, to give out the message.

After you see the message, for a precrowning for instance, you may never see it again.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

Well, other question : can you get (in normal means, without entering the pyramid) more Than a crowning and 2 post ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Well, other question : can you get (in normal means, without entering the pyramid) more Than a crowning and 2 post ones?
    Yes: for postcrowning, exp lvl >= 8 + 3 x # artifacts.

So if you have generated no artifacts other than (post- or normal)crowning gifts, you will have a minimum of three. So to get further postcrownings, exp lvl must be 17. Therefore you will never see Rehetep, since the Pyramid closes permanently at exp lvl 17. Since the AMW is arguably the best artifact in the game, it is probably not a good idea.

Ahum. Robes of resistance gotten. That was the main reason i never went into the pyramid; instead to get postcrowned.

Robes of Resistance does not grant -Deth or see invis.

-Deth- gotten through some pools (never understood why people think they're bad) and i personnally do not regard see invisible with an equivalent (+4;+4)[-2;-9](-8Ap)(-5To) thing that doesn't grant resistance to acid or schock. Plus the possiblity of getting another artifact. Even the sleep resistance and stun resistance (the skullcrusher takes care of this) and the immunity instead of resistance to cold don't surpass that, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    -Deth- gotten through some pools (never understood why people think they're bad) and i personnally do not regard see invisible with an equivalent (+4;+4)[-2;-9](-8Ap)(-5To) thing that doesn't grant resistance to acid or schock. Plus the possiblity of getting another artifact. Even the sleep resistance and stun resistance (the skullcrusher takes care of this) and the immunity instead of resistance to cold don't surpass that, no?
    My points exactly, among other things. People here are just wimpy cowards that love the AMW because it's guaranteed... =P

But that discussion already happened in another topic =P
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

First of all you need to divide your robes of resistance stats by 20 or whatever many possibly postcrowning artifacts. Then we'll talk
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.