Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice for a very good-looking monk

Does the oracle actually do anything useful apart from... well... being eaten?

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    Of course. If you worship Apollo, you can tell the future of what the RNG has coming.

Wait... You can't worship Apollo?
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    I think she gives information about ultra endings (or chaos god ending at least).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    >and lead them one-by one up to

More easily said than done. They smash walls.
    But if you wish for them on the other side of the level, you can lure them to come get you a few at a time, since you won't be in most of their LOS. Generally though, you're right.

>What is pool-scumming?

Drinking from pools while blessed, with fate smiles, lucky, and the ankh until you get what you want (while replenishing lucky and fate smiles as you loose them). Usually done with the darkforge pools, since they are guaranteed and there is a lot of them in one place. Its sort of like gremlin-scumming or id-scumming, except its faster, the rewards are different, and there's more risk involved.

Whats the AP of that monk?
    Sorry... You said he was good-looking.
    EDIT: His AP is 10, so not that good looking. You wouldn't notice if you met him though, his charisma is 26

Anyways, I'm off to eat the oracle
    Last edited by F50; 11-07-2009 at 12:22 AM.

Dwarven Monks are my absolute favourite race to play. The early part is interesting because of the +1PV that you usually start with and their lvl12/18 ability is great. No need for 7lb.

I've closed the gate with a couple and met Andor with a couple. I always change to a onehanded weapon when I find a suitable one, because the shields I feel are always to valuable to give up. I also focus very much on PV in the late game and I still haven't finished a game with more DV than PV, but that is of course up to each player to decide.

2 RoDS is very fortunate. I usually have to scum every pool/grave/water lair to find one and that is often not enough (which means shift-q). One for Khelly and one for later. Not really sure if you need to worry about experience, but of course if you're going unarmed that might be the right thing.

If you took out Darkforge at lvl15 then you should fare fairly well on the levels below Khelly, but of course the right equipment is sometimes necessary. The CoC graveyard should give you some nice items and the water temple should give you some experience. I'd try to hit that lvl18 as soon as possible.

Might also want to scum the forest with the Banshee. Many nice items to find.
    I'm alright for a camel smuggler. I really am.

Actually, I'm pretty confident a Blessed Phase Dagger would be much *better* against an UberMoloch than Slayers in most cases - with the dagger you're cutting through his PV, whether that PV is 50 or 500; the arrows, while they do deal masive damage, have to go over that PV.

> lure them to come get you a few at a time,

Few at a time is doable, and very dangerous.
    One by one is safer, yet less realistic. I think. ?
    Never done it really. I like the barbarian's glade
    plus ice bridge, but I've heard others mention
    the minotaur maze, as those walls are unsmashible.
    I think. ? If you happen to have a grudge against
    Terinyo, the island there is 100% safe to moloch.
    Would need a lot of ammo though : )
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Twinge View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty confident a Blessed Phase Dagger would be much *better* against an UberMoloch than Slayers in most cases - with the dagger you're cutting through his PV, whether that PV is 50 or 500; the arrows, while they do deal masive damage, have to go over that PV.
    Not really because ubermolochs are dangerous not because of PV but because of a sudden energy burst that makes them fast like quicklings for a few turns.

What is the difference beetween phase daggers and *weapon* of penetration? Because on my dwarven monk I've got a spear of penetration and SLB's...
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

There's none.