Thread: data gathering

Default data gathering

I know that at least the Library, and probably other parts of ADOM, are unknowns in terms of what you can expect to see in an average game, and don't lend themselves easily to individual testing because of the sheer time required to get a character to and through the rift, particularly a character (or more than one? do we even know if Library results are guaranteed for non-wizards?) of each class. As such, I'd like to suggest something simple - whenever you play a character that goes to the library, post what results you got in terms of books/scrolls (this room was books, this was scrolls, et cetera) in this thread. We can do the same for anything else that's unknown and not easily testable by individuals (for example, I get a tension room in the lower left of the CoC Graveyard every time I fully explore it; is this guaranteed, or am I just extraordinarily unlucky?) and eventually get knowledge that wouldn't otherwise be available.

I'm working on a paladin and archer currently, and I'll mosey them both over to the Rift after they close the gate to see what there is to see.

i think the tension room in the CoC graveyard comes often, but it certainly doesn't come always.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

What do you need to know about Library?
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Advice about lib, the ghost lib acts like ogre guardian and ratling guardians. He moves if disturbed. and stops moving after that. which can get bizarre if he stops on the stairs.
    a possible solution would be to put doorways around the stairs.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief

Just a silly online game

Hmm, that's easy enough to test... =)

Not quite what I expected. Wizards get all spellbooks. Priests get half and half. Everyone else gets about 1/3 (yes, this includes Druids, Paladins, etc.) The spellbooks given are random each game, but each individual spellbook is different. The locations are always the same.

what bout necros?

Just a silly online game

using a potion of exchange will count your new potential maximum as the ancient (augmented, possibly) value, or the new value of the stat, if it is more. Anyone cares to verify?

Just a silly online game