Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some questions

Default Some questions

I'm going for an ultra with a high elf healer, and was trying to lure a farmer out of Terinyo to get the corpse. After one of the swaps, the farmer turned hostile and started attacking me. No one else is hostile, and I can't lure him out of the town. Can I kill him safely or will anyone else turn hostile? There aren't more farmers in either Terinyo or HMV, so I hope he drops a corpse :P

Another question, which metal is safe to be used in the ToEF? Is mithril enough? Or will a mithril item burn?

Idk for first question, but i think that Teryno might start to generate farmers if you kill as much as you can there.Don't you have calm monster as a healer?

Oh, and second question, mithril's enough, if i remember.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

This is probably so-called "common knowledge" but since I discovered it a long ago by reading spoilers that were found out by examining ADOM code I hid it:
    Code:
    You must talk with the crone about the quest before farmers can leave corpses.

I'm pretty sure the village would take vengeance if you killed the farmer. Perhaps you could tame dogs with bones and have them kill the farmer. It works at least if the farmer turned hostile due to Ventriloquism.

Mithril items will not burn.

Just run from the farmer. You should be faster than him somehow, right?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I guess terinyo would go hostile as well. But what type of metal enough is for the ToEF, if I'm right it's no type at all. All types can melt, but mithril already has little chance, and adamantium/eternium have so little chance to melt that you can take them quite safely. Eternium might have no chance at all to melt.
    At least it works for corrosion like this, I'm almost sure it's the same for melting.

Tenryio won't go hostile. I did this myself. After the farmer turns hostile from swappin you can kill him in plain sight and nobody will complain.
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

Other villagers *may* try to kill that farmer for you if they are near. So you can try to walk there for some time if you don't want to risk following pblack's advice (I don't mean that it's not reliable, ADoM is just unpredictable sometimes )

Thanks for the answers. Of course I could run away from the farmer, that was no problem, hehe. The problem is I needed a corpse, and got one from the next farmer that got generated in the HMV. Medal done, on to the next stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    But what type of metal enough is for the ToEF, if I'm right it's no type at all. All types can melt, but mithril already has little chance, and adamantium/eternium have so little chance to melt that you can take them quite safely. Eternium might have no chance at all to melt.
    At least it works for corrosion like this, I'm almost sure it's the same for melting.
    No. Mithril, adamantium and eternium are fireproof. So are artifacts and everything that grants fire resistance. Everything else can burn or melt.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Curious; I would have thought Moeba was correct, but a quick test shows Silfir is - higher metals flat-out won't burn at all in the tower. Only iron and gold will burn as far as metal is concerned. Mitrhil is 100% safe in the tower AFAICT. (Tested with a character with +Cursed and +Doomed.)